Home

Tale of 2 Halves/Greatest Comeback Ever

This is a discussion on Tale of 2 Halves/Greatest Comeback Ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tale of 2 Halves/Greatest Comeback Ever

First game of the season: #16 Rutgers at #17 Penn State. In the rain of course.

First half was completely abysmal for Rutgers. My QB threw zero TDs, 5 INTs (3 of them on beyond words, incredible defensive plays, including 2 by D-Lineman). I could do no right on offense, it seemed everything was a sack, INT or stuffed run. At the end of the half I was down 34-7 and then 48-7 halfway through the 3rd Quarter as my backup QB threw another INT.

Then all of a sudden everything changed. I brought back my starting QB, my line started protecting him and he had more TDs than incompletions down the stretch. Six TDs on consecutive drives. QB finished 32-46, 540 Yards, 5 TDs, 5 INTs.

I'm happy about the result, but I'm dumbfounded by the game. 5 INTs in the first half was ridiculous and I almost restarted the game. The second half was equally ridiculous with Penn State's D completely forgetting the defensive domination of the first 2.5 quarters.

Has anything this crazy happened to anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tale of 2 Halves/Greatest Comeback Ever

streaks all day huh?

but on a serious note, i #9 Ole Miss against #8 Texas first half 4 ints down 17-0. Second half 37 unanswered points for me.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

You must have 12 minute quarters to score over 40 points in a quarter and a half.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
First game of the season: #16 Rutgers at #17 Penn State. In the rain of course.

First half was completely abysmal for Rutgers. My QB threw zero TDs, 5 INTs (3 of them on beyond words, incredible defensive plays, including 2 by D-Lineman). I could do no right on offense, it seemed everything was a sack, INT or stuffed run. At the end of the half I was down 34-7 and then 48-7 halfway through the 3rd Quarter as my backup QB threw another INT.

Then all of a sudden everything changed. I brought back my starting QB, my line started protecting him and he had more TDs than incompletions down the stretch. Six TDs on consecutive drives. QB finished 32-46, 540 Yards, 5 TDs, 5 INTs.

I'm happy about the result, but I'm dumbfounded by the game. 5 INTs in the first half was ridiculous and I almost restarted the game. The second half was equally ridiculous with Penn State's D completely forgetting the defensive domination of the first 2.5 quarters.

Has anything this crazy happened to anyone else?
that is crazy, I usually bench my QB after 3int personally. Sometimes there games that seem impossible to start. I played bama last night and they had 2 picks and 4 sacks in the first 6 minutes of the game. Settled down and smacked them in the second half for the win.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
streaks all day huh?
Unfortunately, you can have a miraculous comeback every game, the AI goes zone agressive and then you can't lose. Glitch 6 after Glitch 6 until you win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

In '12 I played a National Championship game as Troy vs. Wisconsin. I was down 38-3 at halftime, came back to lose ( sadface ) 41-38. But it was a lot of fun.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

I had an epic finish last week. I was in year 4 of my Michigan dynasty (#1 overall, team is stacked).

Anyways, I struggled mightily against Michigan State, and gave up a huge 50 yard touchdown with 1:20 to go. I was down by 3.

I get the ball back, throw it up to my 6'6 receiver who leaps into the air with the corner and catches the ball, while simultaneously being hit by the safety who came over to help. My receiver stumbled backwards but stayed on his feet lol, both defenders were on the ground. I started streaking down the sideline when the other safety came over and tried to tackle my receiver up high and he shook him off and stayed on his feet again lol, 78 yard touchdown. I've never seen a receiver dominate like that. Held on to win the game.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I've had the computer score 35 straight points in the fourth quarter...sometimes they simply can't be stopped

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »