Home

How in the world do you win a user game this year?

This is a discussion on How in the world do you win a user game this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18
How in the world do you win a user game this year?

Seriously what is the secret? I went from being a solid player who could win more than he lost in user games to a player that can't even compete in a user game on NCAA 2013. The sample size is small with only 3 user games played against Alabama, Texas and South Carolina as FSU. But I have no chance in these games. Yet it seems like the other users can do no wrong ever. They can run all over me but I can't run on them. They block my line for 10 seconds and I get sacked in 2 seconds. When I slow up the run enough to get them to pass they make every pass. I try to pass the other team is like gods of defense. I tried 3 different offensive playbooks spread, multiple and single back. All my players seem slow and get dominated like they are a FCS school or something. I tried switching from 4-3 to multiple and still couldn't slow down the other team.

Against Alabama and South Carolina they just mashed me into the ground doubling my TOP. Texas just did whatever it wanted. Running out of the spread anytime it wanted Ashe shaking off sacks left and right running around like some kind of RG3/Vick mutated god. Kept running some 3 DL 3 LB setup that got pressure on me instantly off the edges. But I couldn't run on it. Only chance I had of moving it was quick passes to the sidelines because he was playing as a FS.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How in the world do you win a user game this year?

I have the same problem...Playing the same guy with us using the same teams every game...I won on the last play of the game, won by 21, won by 24. This time...Lost by 2, lost by 20, and lost by 44. Their man D stick to me like glue, but yet I can't do anything aganist them, their WRs get so open.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not sure what you guys are doing wrong. I'm riding a 10 game winning streak online.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Rookie

B4lt1m0re Fan's Arena

OVR: 1

I very rarely play online so I might not be the best source, but I'm having similar trouble this season. In 2011, I went 12-10. In 2012, I went 18-11. So far in 2013, I'm 1-6. I lost my first game as Maryland by 36 points. Given that Maryland isn't a good team, I tried using Oregon. I actually won this game, against Oklahoma, 28-0 after my opponent quit in the second quarter. I used Oregon again the next game, against Alabama, and lost by 34. This trend continued for two more games until I tried using USC. I lost my two games with USC, against BYU and Texas, by a combined 57 points. This just isn't logical.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Keep a balanced attack. I mix run and pass almost equally, and I'm 21-6, with three losses coming off of lost connection.

Also, man works better than zone generally if the two teams are equally rated. Mix it up, but don't rely on zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Be extremely aware of your players going hot or cold. If your QB throws a pick and goes blue, he starts throwing ducks and the D (who are now red) will jump routes like Deion. That was my #1 problem because one mistake opened the floodgates.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

That shot never falls, and really makes me mad considering I shouldn't go to the animation in the first place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »