Home

Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

Another way to check the realism of the talent level represented by my recruiting class mentioned above is compare the recruiting class to the freshmen included in the default game rosters. The roster for my team has freshmen with Overall ratings of 85, 75, 74, 73, 73, 72, 72, 65, 65, 64, 64, 64, 64, 64, 63, and 62. This is again a far cry from what recruiting in dynasty mode brought to my team.

I also wanted to mention that my inflated recruiting class has nothing to do with the amount of success I had on the field in my dynasty. I had about the same level of success that my team has had every year for the last decade.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 11-13-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

One thing I have been doing for analysis purposes is using the single player OD. This will allow you to get the entire league roster in a csv file. Each recruiting class, yours and the cpu teams, will get the 21-25 players on signing day. But just like you the cpu must cut their roster down to 70 players each year. This allows you to see exactly which recruits made it into the game and how good they actually are (not the prescouted numbers).

EDIT:
You can look at recruiting rankings, how many recruits actually make it to there team, and the average players overall rating for about 8 classes in my Relegation Dynasty thread in my signature for comparison purposes to the data you are getting for your individual team. Doing this you can do an offline dynasty and still have a good comparison point of reference to what the game actually produces.

Also don't use the default rosters as a guideline point since they do not match what the in game engine actually produces.

I am very interested to see what you find and what the best "house rules" you develop to actually make recruiting harder in this game because as you know even on Heisman recruiting is extremely easy once you get above a 2* program and below that it is still easy enough to slowly build them up.

One thing to possibly try (I havent tested this yet, but used to do it back in the old days, ie NCAA 2004, 2005 area) is that 70% of your recruits must come from your home state and the other 30% can be from pipelines and other states.

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-13-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
One thing I have been doing for analysis purposes is using the single player OD. This will allow you to get the entire league roster in a csv file. Each recruiting class, yours and the cpu teams, will get the 21-25 players on signing day. But just like you the cpu must cut their roster down to 70 players each year. This allows you to see exactly which recruits made it into the game and how good they actually are (not the prescouted numbers).

EDIT:
You can look at recruiting rankings, how many recruits actually make it to there team, and the average players overall rating for about 8 classes in my Relegation Dynasty thread in my signature for comparison purposes to the data you are getting for your individual team. Doing this you can do an offline dynasty and still have a good comparison point of reference to what the game actually produces.

Also don't use the default rosters as a guideline point since they do not match what the in game engine actually produces.

I am very interested to see what you find and what the best "house rules" you develop to actually make recruiting harder in this game because as you know even on Heisman recruiting is extremely easy once you get above a 2* program and below that it is still easy enough to slowly build them up.

One thing to possibly try (I havent tested this yet, but used to do it back in the old days, ie NCAA 2004, 2005 area) is that 70% of your recruits must come from your home state and the other 30% can be from pipelines and other states.
Thanks for the information and the tip.

You mentioned that I should not “use the default rosters as a guideline point since they do not match what the in game engine actually produces.” I see this as a major flaw in the game.

Thank you for your interest. I will report back on my results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #36
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
Thanks for the information and the tip.

You mentioned that I should not “use the default rosters as a guideline point since they do not match what the in game engine actually produces.” I see this as a major flaw in the game.

Thank you for your interest. I will report back on my results.
This has been an issue for years. The initial rosters will have freshman who are higher rated than those generated by the games engine. Because of this you will notice in years 3-5 that the stat production and number of players in the game over 95ovr is more than in year 6-20. Once the game clears out the default rosters and all players are computer generated the number of players over 95 and the distribution of good players in the game starts to mimic real world college football (certain teams getting the better players consistently and the sim results start to have less upsets than with the default rosters).
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
This has been an issue for years. The initial rosters will have freshman who are higher rated than those generated by the games engine. Because of this you will notice in years 3-5 that the stat production and number of players in the game over 95ovr is more than in year 6-20. Once the game clears out the default rosters and all players are computer generated the number of players over 95 and the distribution of good players in the game starts to mimic real world college football (certain teams getting the better players consistently and the sim results start to have less upsets than with the default rosters).
I assume these inflated rating apply to all classes on the default rosters and not just freshman. Is the prevailing wisdom that all classes are inflated to the same degree above recruit classes.

I also assume this is designed into the game on purpose. From a personal standpoint it makes be enjoy dynasty less.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
I assume these inflated rating apply to all classes on the default rosters and not just freshman. Is the prevailing wisdom that all classes are inflated to the same degree above recruit classes.

I also assume this is designed into the game on purpose. From a personal standpoint it makes be enjoy dynasty less.
Mostly Freshman and Sophomores are inflated. There are rosters with adjusted ratings that make the dynasty more enjoyable.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always cut players the computer recruited for me whether I am over the limit or not. After that, I cut only 5th year seniors, on the premise that they graduated and are leaving school. Sometimes I have some difficult decisions to make, often losing some players in the two-deep this way.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #40
Pro

Another factor that makes recruiting much too easy even on the highest difficulty ratings involves pipeline states. It is much too easy to establish new pipeline states. One even has little trouble making a pipeline state of a state that could never become one in real life college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »