Home

Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

I turn INJURIES OFF(Probably helps the CPU more than me!). And only recruit 14 players per/year. If you RS all 14 and they all stay until they are (RS)Sr. you will have exactly 70 players and none get wasted for struggling team. EXCEPT the recruits the CPU MAKES me sign for no reason!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 3

I have just learned something that gives me another reason to be unhappy about recruiting. When I first set up my recruiting board and add players to it that have no interest in my team these players automatically become interested in my school without me having to do anything at all. Will there ever be an end to the list of reasons why recruiting is much too easy?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #59
Pro

I have decided on another strategy to make recruiting more difficult and competitive and therefore more realistic and enjoyable. When I first set up my recruiting board I will only add players who begin the year with an interest in my team. During the entire course of the year I will not add a single player to the board. All the recruits I end up keeping on my team will come from among those I first put on my board. this is in addition to the other strategies I have detailed above.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
College is a business, a government subsidized business. Private collegiate members of the NCAA even more so. Make no mistake. What affects tuition more? A non ending government subsidy through student loans or paying athletes. One dwarfs the other and is the primary source of rising tuition in this country currently.

The academic scholarship is again without merit. The school didn't earn millions of dollars through your efforts at the university versus a football or basketball student athlete. Of course ALL (men and women's) student athletes should be paid in proportion to the revenues they generate (ie the Alabama football players should take in more than the Louisiana Lafayette women's cross country athletes). Studies have shown if NCAA d1 athletes had a pro style revenue sharing agreement they ALL (that's all d1 athletes) would be paid 5-6 figure salaries.

Even past NCAA presidents (Walter Byers) have criticized itself as simply funding administrators and athletic departments versus benefitting students as a whole. How many states have the highest paid state employee being a football or basketball coach?

Getting back to willy nilly cuts, I think history shows they will and do. They then have the ego to then limit where students can transfer to. Basically you win enough and you can run your team with carte blanch.

Good discussion Warren!
I have a question for you, my friend. If we accept you argument that a college is a business than should not students who play sports that impact a college's bottom line and cost the school money be forced to pay all costs to the college that is incurred by the sport? This includes all sports other than football and football at most colleges.

The American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society do not earn money because they are not businesses. They raise funds just like other non-profits, including colleges.

The Title IX law means that it would be illegal to pay football players and not pay all other college athletes at the same rate.

In a capitalist economy the "invisible hand" of the free market determines what we are all paid. Coaches are paid what they get because it is worth it to the colleges to pay them that much and because so few people can do the job well.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 12-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
That argument is laughable considering those coaches could give two craps about their "education" hence they'll cut them whenever it suits them.

So the NCAA gets BILLIONS and d1 athletes get a 200k education. That seems fair. Even further the NCAA gets BILLIONS (10.8 to be exact) for the men's basketball tournament while the athletes get:

68 teams x
20 man max roster avg x
200k =

Sure seems fair to me. Pros at least get 50% of ALL revenues. I'm simply looking at one revenue stream and ignoring: conference TV rights, merchandising, ticket revenue, parking, concessions, etc. Its nice to be a monopoly like the NCAA exploiting typically poor student athletes.
Athletes need to take responsibility for their own education and not rely on coaches to do so for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #62
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I over recruit like crazy in this game. My offline dynasty team is Ohio state and its pretty much pickem in the state of Ohio. Everytime I end up cutting a player that was once a high caliber recruit I just pretend he requested a transfer, didn't make grades or was permantely suspended from the team for off field actions. Bam.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #63
Rookie

justinturner54's Arena

OVR: 0

I think they add that fill up of 25 scholarships bc of the lower rated teams that don't recruit well I've seen some teams onky have 5 or 6 players now two or three years of that and then you got a team with not enough for a roster yeah its a pain in the *** but it has to be done I do agree that recruiting is way to easy I'm using uva granted I've turned it into a 6* program and won two national championships but I basically have the pick of whoever I want all my stats are a+ if I put an hour into a recruit every week he's mine doesn't matter it should be hard to recruit a 5* if he's in his top 3 and I'm not in his top 10 and the over recruiting does suck I've got a lot of good players I usually cut the computer added ones then my lowest rated players sometimes that mean a jr or senoir especially if the inxoming freshman is better or I don't think they will get a lot of playing time personally I run my program llike an ******* but its whatever I do only recruit the amount I need for senoirs leaving and then one or two to account for transfers and declaring for the draft things to help combat over recruiting for me is to let everyone leave for the draft no matter what unless you have tonhave them and also never redshirt anyone that's not a freshman and i onlu redshirt freshman if I'm sure they will not play if they are 3rd on the depth at cb I probably won't redshirts them that's just what I do
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinturner54
I think they add that fill up of 25 scholarships bc of the lower rated teams that don't recruit well I've seen some teams onky have 5 or 6 players now two or three years of that and then you got a team with not enough for a roster yeah its a pain in the *** but it has to be done I do agree that recruiting is way to easy I'm using uva granted I've turned it into a 6* program and won two national championships but I basically have the pick of whoever I want all my stats are a+ if I put an hour into a recruit every week he's mine doesn't matter it should be hard to recruit a 5* if he's in his top 3 and I'm not in his top 10 and the over recruiting does suck I've got a lot of good players I usually cut the computer added ones then my lowest rated players sometimes that mean a jr or senoir especially if the inxoming freshman is better or I don't think they will get a lot of playing time personally I run my program llike an ******* but its whatever I do only recruit the amount I need for senoirs leaving and then one or two to account for transfers and declaring for the draft things to help combat over recruiting for me is to let everyone leave for the draft no matter what unless you have tonhave them and also never redshirt anyone that's not a freshman and i onlu redshirt freshman if I'm sure they will not play if they are 3rd on the depth at cb I probably won't redshirts them that's just what I do
Allowing players to leave for the draft is an interesting strategy since it is much too easy to convince them to stay in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »