Home

EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

This is a discussion on EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

Yeah I must say they have dropped the ball big time on this. New feature yes, and it is great, but to only give us what...3 updates?? To me, that is fail. It would have been nice to get all the default uniforms first, to ensure every team would be close to up to date before releasing new uniforms. I am hoping that EA is bundling everything togther and release 1 or 2 big updates later in November to take care of the alternates and the new releases. Hoping, but not counting on it. And yes, it would be great to get the equipment and accessories a major overhaul.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but you guys do realize how much time and effort it takes to keep up with the (literally) thousands of uniform combinations for all 125+ teams, right? You can't seriously expect them to put out new features, fix old issues and still keep up with every single teams uniform changes, can you?

As for the newly released uniforms... this stuff takes time to get in. You've got to model the uniforms (which is even harder if the team doesn't provide nice source material for the modeling process), build them, test them, get them approved by Sony/MS, and then you can get them "into the game in a reasonable time frame".

**** takes time; chill out and be glad we've finally got the ability to get uniform updates at all!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
Banned

Minus 80's Arena

OVR: 0
It's clear that EA has underestimated the number of customers that still like to play Barbie's.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 24

Maryland has been wearing new uniforms, pants and helmets all season long. Pretty amazing that EA will throw it a uniform a team wore once over uniforms worn since September and unveiled before the season even started.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 2

Who did not see this coming? I do feel that EA dropped the ball on this feature but I also did not get my hopes up that there would be many updates. I am the type of person that would pay for all of these updates if reasonably priced. Some teams just need to be updated with the uni's that they use week in and week out. The alternates are great but I can live without a 54th version of Oregon unis.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

i guess i was excited and went out and bought a 20.00 ps3 network card so i could buy 20.00 worth of uniforms,this sucks.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #15
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0

I started a thread awhile back about this issue from some info I got from a friend who works in the Arizona athletic department who directly worked with EA in regards to the game, and everyone thought I was talking out of my a**.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down520
I started a thread awhile back about this issue from some info I got from a friend who works in the Arizona athletic department who directly worked with EA in regards to the game, and everyone thought I was talking out of my a**.
If I remember your post came at a bad time, since right after posting it EA released a small (Paid) Uni pack. You seem to be right, though, in EA's lack of updates, especially free ones.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »