Home

EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

This is a discussion on EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

I agree that gameplay issues should not be brought up in threads like this. I am the type of guy that wants solid gameplay and great uniforms and accessories, but some of you guys are so irrational. How do you expect EA to implement all of these new uniforms when NCAA teams are changing uniforms up every week? Let's be smart for a second. These universities are going over board with this fashion show crap and it's all being done to attract young recruits who are too immature to realize that a university choice should not come down to who has the hottest uniforms every single week.

It's really amusing to me that a team can come out with pics of a uniform they plan on wearing this Saturday and some guy expects EA to be able to have it in the game the week after. Do you really think these devs are watching games and seeing uniforms and then deciding to add them to the game? I'm sure that's not how it works. I agree that there should be more uniforms, especially since EA pretty much used two patches to get the store up and running, but some of you guys are really funny.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 11-01-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
Rookie

djblizza's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's an idea...EA should stop wasting time creating 100 variations of the Oregon Uniform and spend time actually getting every teams actual on field/every days jerseys in game.
NCAAF#1 Nevada Wolfpack
NCAAF#2 Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB#1 Nevada Wolfpack
NCAAB#2 UNLV Rebels
MLB San Francisco Giants
NHL San Jose Sharks
NFL San Francisco 49ers
NBA Sacramento Kings
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Who did not see this coming? I do feel that EA dropped the ball on this feature but I also did not get my hopes up that there would be many updates. I am the type of person that would pay for all of these updates if reasonably priced. Some teams just need to be updated with the uni's that they use week in and week out. The alternates are great but I can live without a 54th version of Oregon unis.
I agree. If you didn't view the uniform store as a "gimmick" straight away then you should stick your head back in the sand. This was a gimmick, a supplement to their already booming microtransaction market. Something to peak buyer's interest for a bit of time after release and keep you anticipating new content.

There was no question in my mind when this was announced that support would die sooner rather than later. They never had the proper resources and support network to keep the game updated through tuners and patches. Why would they be able to support new uniforms? They require time and effort to create and place in the game. Scouting packages and recruiting boosts take no time to make and were already in place when the game shipped. So strike while the iron is hot on the uniform store and then just drop support.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I agree. If you didn't view the uniform store as a "gimmick" straight away then you should stick your head back in the sand. This was a gimmick, a supplement to their already booming microtransaction market.
Please, tell me more about that.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

is the UNC helmet in yet ?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblizza
Here's an idea...EA should stop wasting time creating 100 variations of the Oregon Uniform and spend time actually getting every teams actual on field/every days jerseys in game.
Nah, I like Oregon's uniforms.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but you guys do realize how much time and effort it takes to keep up with the (literally) thousands of uniform combinations for all 125+ teams, right? You can't seriously expect them to put out new features, fix old issues and still keep up with every single teams uniform changes, can you?
it is only 123 teams, not all of them have changes from last year or alternates. Also theyre not putting out any new features so irrelevant point, the old issues they fix are not done by the art department which means the art department should mainly be focused on uniforms if they're still doing any work with NCAA 13. And the art department has an easy job keeping up with uniform changes considering there is a monster thread on here that posts uniform updates as they are released (with pictures).
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #24
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
it is only 123 teams, not all of them have changes from last year or alternates.
Assuming we go with only the uniforms currently in the game (and there's more than 123 teams; you should count again) and if we figure one main and one alternative for each team that's 254 uniforms. Considering the amount of bitching about the various schools (this jersey isn't the new one, we just announced this one, what about that one) I'd say we can safely triple that number for a total of 762 jerseys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
Also theyre not putting out any new features so irrelevant point, the old issues they fix are not done by the art department which means the art department should mainly be focused on uniforms if they're still doing any work with NCAA 13. And the art department has an easy job keeping up with uniform changes considering there is a monster thread on here that posts uniform updates as they are released (with pictures).
Where the heck do you think those things come from? They just appear out of thin air? They take time to create. To top that off the art department is working on NCAA 14; or did you think they weren't going to release a game this coming year? Think about what you're saying, man. It's just not feasible for them to release all the uniform updates everyone wants AND release a game in the coming year. What would you rather do, play dress up or get a new game with some new improvements?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »