Home

3-4 defense with notre dame

This is a discussion on 3-4 defense with notre dame within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile 3-4 defense with notre dame

im stopping the run easy but im not getting any pressure up front and people are passing on me.

im not a 3-4 guy anybody got any tips for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 3-4 defense with notre dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld
im stopping the run easy but im not getting any pressure up front and people are passing on me.

im not a 3-4 guy anybody got any tips for me.
Are you sure they aren't running shake routes on you, that will free up receivers easily. Anyway, out of a 3-4 I like to bring my OLBs, 1 or both. Also, when I've played with ND, I usually get good pressure with their nose tackle, Nix. If they're playing you straight, bring the OLBs, maybe move them up in between the NT and DE and each side, or bring both on the outside with an additional MLB up the middle. I noticed the other day I was able to get through easily by bringing Motta on a safety blitz, this was out of Nickel 335 though. I imagine it would work as well in a 3-4. In the 335, the 3 linemen went, the MLB and left backer came, I brought Motta up between them. It was a designed blitz to crash the right side of the line, so I would loop around with Motta, and either him or Teo would get good pressure. I dpn't see why that wouldn't work out of the 3-4, as long as you can find a similar play.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 3-4 defense with notre dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
Are you sure they aren't running shake routes on you, that will free up receivers easily. Anyway, out of a 3-4 I like to bring my OLBs, 1 or both. Also, when I've played with ND, I usually get good pressure with their nose tackle, Nix. If they're playing you straight, bring the OLBs, maybe move them up in between the NT and DE and each side, or bring both on the outside with an additional MLB up the middle. I noticed the other day I was able to get through easily by bringing Motta on a safety blitz, this was out of Nickel 335 though. I imagine it would work as well in a 3-4. In the 335, the 3 linemen went, the MLB and left backer came, I brought Motta up between them. It was a designed blitz to crash the right side of the line, so I would loop around with Motta, and either him or Teo would get good pressure. I dpn't see why that wouldn't work out of the 3-4, as long as you can find a similar play.
what are some the plays to blitz off of

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »