Home

Is there any way to arrange formations in custom playbooks?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to arrange formations in custom playbooks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Is there any way to arrange formations in custom playbooks?

When you set up a custom playbook, it seems to organize your formations at random. Is there some pattern to this? Some way to organize them?

In the playbook creation section, when you choose to view your playbook, it will list them alphabetically I believe:

(scrolling left/right)

Ace, Pistol, Shotgun (for example)

But when you go into a game or practice mode it will list them differently:

Pistol, Shotgun, Ace

I thought it might be in the order that you add them, so if I chose Shotgun first, then Ace, then Pistol it would be:

Shotgun, Ace, Pistol

But that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there some trick to it? Or is it entirely random?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Is there any way to arrange formations in custom playbooks?

Use the search function on this forum, this question has been answered 100 times...But, the answer is No...the only thing you can order is the formations under Ace,Shotgun,I Form, etc. and that goes by the order you put them in in your playbook, ie the last play you put shows up last on the list.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Use the search function on this forum, this question has been answered 100 times...But, the answer is No...
I did use the search function, and couldn't find a definitive answer.

The formations are getting added, in some way or another. It may be complex, but there is almost certainly a pattern to it, some way to figure out what is going on. It wouldn't make sense for it to be coded to insert them randomly.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
MVP

So I was able to decipher some things here, like that it matters what playbook you use as a base playbook. From there it gets ridiculously complex though.

I was seeing some patterns, but it's all based on what playbook you use as a base. So if you want to try to get an order you like it's pretty much trial and error, and even then you might not get the exact order you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »