Home

Atmosphere Absence

This is a discussion on Atmosphere Absence within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Atmosphere Absence

After a great day of college football I realized how big some of these games felt and that the atmosphere and magnitude was hugely enhanced. Really wish they could work on this in NCAA football. Like a louder crowd and commentary/presentation difference depending on who you play. Anyone else get tired of every game feeling the same regardless of its importance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Atmosphere Absence

Definitely with you on the presentation/ every game feeling the same part but not really with a "louder" crowd part.

Honestly the crowd just needs to be more involved with what point of the game your currently in and what just happened to or for their team. I've had plenty of moments this year where I have had to turn the crowd volume down because it was too loud.

Just another example of EA trying to cheaply appease us players by "fixing" crowd involvement in games by simply making them louder. Again Great Great job EA.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

What was wrong with the home field advantage that was on last-gen? the crowd got loud as heck in big games. and when you'd bust a big run the crowd would go nuts during the run! it was sick dude. it made you want to perform for the crowd. is that stuff on next gen?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Completely agreed. Crowd in 06 was amazing. I really wish you could make it louder...
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Definitely with you on the presentation/ every game feeling the same part but not really with a "louder" crowd part.

Honestly the crowd just needs to be more involved with what point of the game your currently in and what just happened to or for their team. I've had plenty of moments this year where I have had to turn the crowd volume down because it was too loud.

Just another example of EA trying to cheaply appease us players by "fixing" crowd involvement in games by simply making them louder. Again Great Great job EA.
100% true but that brings up a whole nother issue with the crowd being loud at appropriate times. It's almost like a bunch of oblivious girls are watching the game and aren't sure when to cheer. Ok maybe not that bad but EA has done little to enhance the game in this department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

06, and 2005 too. and even 04. 04 didn't have the HFA feature but still it had very rowdy crowds that went nuts when you got big plays.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
What was wrong with the home field advantage that was on last-gen? the crowd got loud as heck in big games. and when you'd bust a big run the crowd would go nuts during the run! it was sick dude. it made you want to perform for the crowd. is that stuff on next gen?
Why in the world would EA continue to use ideas and innovations from previous titles and enhance them to there full potential??? That's just silly talk
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

lol we need a crowd awareness rating....

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »