Home

Well Guys this is it right here

This is a discussion on Well Guys this is it right here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #49
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Well Guys this is it right here

You guys keep up the hard work it looks good. I love editing rosters, but the thought of undertaking such a tiresome task this year forced me to find a really nice slider set for my CPU-CPU games. I've given up on HUM-CPU, but I'm very happy with what I have now. I'm using max or close to max skill player sliders along with minimum roster edits. I'm very pleased with the results.

I am convinced that this game was meant to be played with the RBA slider at 100 or as close to 100 as possible. This has opened up so much in this game, just make sure to raise the Tackle slider to within 20 points of your RBA to compensate. I noticed this stuff before when I posted a thread called Unlock all Animations Slider Set, but I have seen so many more positive things since going back to that philosophy. Ball carrier vision is off the charts when RBA is set to 100! It's so beautiful. You just have to make sure to offset it with a very high Tackle slider to prevent "Robo RB" and to prevent speed backs from trying to run through defenders. There is a very fine balance between a player becoming overpowered and a player being able to do exactly what his ratings dictate when we adjust sliders. This is what I have learned this year. With the RBA and Tackle slider any setting where the Tackle slider is more than 25 points lower will cause a game where you see Speed backs and smaller players shedding tackles using power moves, regardless of rating. When the tackle slider is set the same as RBA or higher it makes it very hard for CPU runners to evade tackles. The tackles become "NFL Blitz" like and you see more serious injuries. When the Tackle slider is set at 20-10 points lower than the RBA slider you can finally get players playing to their tendencies. Speed backs evade and power backs truck stuff. As I said earlier this works best when your RBA slider is maxed and your tackle slider is raised to compensate, but this philosophy will work with lower value sliders. You just lose the added abilities that the higher sliders bring to the table (Ball carrier vision, Timely skill moves, subtle evasive moves at the line of scrimmage to evade defenders filling the gaps...etc.)

I also have my WR Catch slider at 80. Since this affects catching and spectacular catching I was noticing that the WR was not coming up with enough jump balls. Set at 80 gives the best compromise between drops and Spec catches, but I think 70 would work great too, depending on your INT slider.

Another thing that I am very pleased with is similar to what TarHeelPhenom has found by editing the Lineman ratings. If you lower the Pass Block and Pass Rush Sliders to close to 0 you get much more fluid line interaction. You see Dlineman spinning and falling down. It's really nice. I have my Pass Blk set at 5 and the Pass Rush set to 0, for a more aggressive Dline just reverse the numbers.

All of this is on Varsity level and 100 Threshold. I love 100 threshold because it gives the Oline a chance to get out front and block. With the maxed out RBA slider you will still see big plays at the appropriate times. I'm gonna work on a Freshman CPU set and see how that plays, but when I dabbled with it before I did not like all of the DB glitch abuse I saw on that level. It was pretty bad lol.

Edit: One more nugget to toss into the bowl. If you guys wanna see your QB slip more sacks in the backfield boost up their ELU rating. This works wonders for Pocket Passers!!!! Scramblers don't stay in the pocket long enough for it to help them much. Also if you want your QB to scramble less lower their BCV to about 65 or under.

Edit 2: I'm also seeing lower Comp Pcts in games when I've lowered QBA to 25. Maxed out at 100 CPU QBs were really accurate on my guinea pig teams Ohio St and Mich. Both QBs were completing 70% or over each game. With QBA at 25 they were around 55-65%, so the CPU is less accurate when this slider is lower over the course of many tested games, but the problem is they are not less accurate in a realistic way if that makes any sense. Not enough close misses and too much feast or famine on deep balls.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 11-09-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #50
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Here is video evidence finally! I talk too much...time to show and prove. Vincent Smith of Michigan is a Speed Back. He will be featured in this vid. Although we have been seeing RBs and ball carriers perform more special moves since the 2nd or 3rd patch, there has still been an issue with smaller backs trying to power over ppl that they should not. Also with an unbalanced RBA to Tackle Slider combo ball carriers would either try to bowl over defenders (When the Tackle slider is more than 25 points than the RBA slider) or not be able to avoid them much at all using spins and jukes (When the Tackle slider is too close to or more than the RBA).

Now watch Mr. Smith at the line of scrimmage. Notice the patience and the subtlety of his movements...it's not placebo. Once he breaks the LOS notice the subtle move to the inside to avoid the first DB and then watch as he immediately runs to the outside to try to avoid and outrun the DB that tries to tackle him. This is the power that a maxed out RBA provides. I'm not crazy about the animation EA uses for subtle cuts, but hey it is what it is. More vids coming soon.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #51
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah Sundown the 100 RBA is where it's at although I never thought about moving the tackle slider that high to balance it out. I'm a try that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #52
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Yeah Sundown the 100 RBA is where it's at although I never thought about moving the tackle slider that high to balance it out. I'm a try that.
The reason I just recently came upon this is because I have always been reluctant to raise my Tackle slider that high. Playmakers always said keep your RBA at 50 and your Tackle around 20 or lower, but all that does is make guys like Dat Thomas run into guys and try to Truck. You may not like it at first, but you will immediately stop seeing speed guys and guys with low strength break tackles using stiff arms and throwing guys off of them. They will run away from defenders with a purpose using special moves and subtle changes in direction. After all this time I've finally found a great balance. Next vid is on the way Pitt vs Lou.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #53
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Speed(-20)
Acceleration(-20)
Hit Power set at 0 across the board
Tackling(-20 for CB's, -15 for Safeties)
Agility
-35 for OL and DL
-25 for LB
-10 for CB, QB, WR, HB and -15 for TE
-15 for S

Strength
-80 for OL and DL
For QB, HB, WR, TE, LB, DB, ST "0" strength across the board

Block Shedding
-70 for DL
-60 for LB
-50 for DB's

Pass Block for OL(-80), set at 15 for all skill positions
Run Block for OL(-80), set at 15 for all skill positions; maxed out at 99 for LB's and DB's
Impact Block set at 0 across the board

Break Tackle(-15 for QB and RB; -10 for WR)

QB Throw Power/Accuracy(-20)

Just to be clear:

Where there is a negative, I took deducted that particular amount from that particular rating.

Where I have "set" that's what the rating is set as across the board for either all players or a particular position group.

I know it looks crazy on paper lol...but it looks good on the field!!
So by set at 15 for all skill positions, you mean set pass and run block at 15 for hb,wr and so forth?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #54
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
So by set at 15 for all skill positions, you mean set pass and run block at 15 for hb,wr and so forth?
Exactly! That's it. I downloaded some video and I'll post it up here
Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #55
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

ok so these are all the edits for the whole team? Speed and acceleration for all players right?

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #56
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
You guys keep up the hard work it looks good. I love editing rosters, but the thought of undertaking such a tiresome task this year forced me to find a really nice slider set for my CPU-CPU games. I've given up on HUM-CPU, but I'm very happy with what I have now. I'm using max or close to max skill player sliders along with minimum roster edits. I'm very pleased with the results.

I am convinced that this game was meant to be played with the RBA slider at 100 or as close to 100 as possible. This has opened up so much in this game, just make sure to raise the Tackle slider to within 20 points of your RBA to compensate. I noticed this stuff before when I posted a thread called Unlock all Animations Slider Set, but I have seen so many more positive things since going back to that philosophy. Ball carrier vision is off the charts when RBA is set to 100! It's so beautiful. You just have to make sure to offset it with a very high Tackle slider to prevent "Robo RB" and to prevent speed backs from trying to run through defenders. There is a very fine balance between a player becoming overpowered and a player being able to do exactly what his ratings dictate when we adjust sliders. This is what I have learned this year. With the RBA and Tackle slider any setting where the Tackle slider is more than 25 points lower will cause a game where you see Speed backs and smaller players shedding tackles using power moves, regardless of rating. When the tackle slider is set the same as RBA or higher it makes it very hard for CPU runners to evade tackles. The tackles become "NFL Blitz" like and you see more serious injuries. When the Tackle slider is set at 20-10 points lower than the RBA slider you can finally get players playing to their tendencies. Speed backs evade and power backs truck stuff. As I said earlier this works best when your RBA slider is maxed and your tackle slider is raised to compensate, but this philosophy will work with lower value sliders. You just lose the added abilities that the higher sliders bring to the table (Ball carrier vision, Timely skill moves, subtle evasive moves at the line of scrimmage to evade defenders filling the gaps...etc.)

I also have my WR Catch slider at 80. Since this affects catching and spectacular catching I was noticing that the WR was not coming up with enough jump balls. Set at 80 gives the best compromise between drops and Spec catches, but I think 70 would work great too, depending on your INT slider.

Another thing that I am very pleased with is similar to what TarHeelPhenom has found by editing the Lineman ratings. If you lower the Pass Block and Pass Rush Sliders to close to 0 you get much more fluid line interaction. You see Dlineman spinning and falling down. It's really nice. I have my Pass Blk set at 5 and the Pass Rush set to 0, for a more aggressive Dline just reverse the numbers.

All of this is on Varsity level and 100 Threshold. I love 100 threshold because it gives the Oline a chance to get out front and block. With the maxed out RBA slider you will still see big plays at the appropriate times. I'm gonna work on a Freshman CPU set and see how that plays, but when I dabbled with it before I did not like all of the DB glitch abuse I saw on that level. It was pretty bad lol.

Edit: One more nugget to toss into the bowl. If you guys wanna see your QB slip more sacks in the backfield boost up their ELU rating. This works wonders for Pocket Passers!!!! Scramblers don't stay in the pocket long enough for it to help them much. Also if you want your QB to scramble less lower their BCV to about 65 or under.

Edit 2: I'm also seeing lower Comp Pcts in games when I've lowered QBA to 25. Maxed out at 100 CPU QBs were really accurate on my guinea pig teams Ohio St and Mich. Both QBs were completing 70% or over each game. With QBA at 25 they were around 55-65%, so the CPU is less accurate when this slider is lower over the course of many tested games, but the problem is they are not less accurate in a realistic way if that makes any sense. Not enough close misses and too much feast or famine on deep balls.
Hey Sundown what about run blocking and rush defense, gonna dabble a lil in cpu/cpu dynasty and these are the only sliders that i'm not really sure what to do with.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »