Home

New to Dynasty

This is a discussion on New to Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to Dynasty

So I have never played Dynasty mode before, but am about to do so for the first time.

I am a bit undecided as to who to use I was thinking LSU or Notre Dame. Can anyone advise which one would be better and why. Or if you have aother option feel free to shout it out.

Also if you have any tips for a first time player that would be great, maybe something you wish someone had told you before you first started playing this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New to Dynasty

Biggest recruiting tip that I took a while to figure out is this:

You don't need to target all the 35 available target spots. I usually target around 20 guys trying to focus not only on the positions I need for the upcoming season but on positions I have juniors at as well. Turn off recruiting board assist so the computer wont add more to your list. You only get 25 scholarships so you really don't need to target 35 guys every season.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

^^^^this and it depends on the challenge you want. Those two teams you mentioned are easy to recruit with.

I am interested in knowing if you only played online games before now.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Rookie

No not an online player. I am from the UK so I tend to have played RTG before now, as well as dividing my time on other games as well I have been getting into "American football" more and more over the last 6 years and college ball the last 2 years. I know the Irish and the tigers will be easier games, but I figured I would start out here and then maybe later down the line when I have worked out what I'm doing I may want more of a challenge.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_3
No not an online player. I am from the UK so I tend to have played RTG before now, as well as dividing my time on other games as well I have been getting into "American football" more and more over the last 6 years and college ball the last 2 years. I know the Irish and the tigers will be easier games, but I figured I would start out here and then maybe later down the line when I have worked out what I'm doing I may want more of a challenge.
Yeah when you are looking to choose a team if you have never done a dynasty or don't know american football completely then I would look for a team that is rated a 6* prestige. Recruiting and the games will be easier while you get the hang of everything.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Go Ohio State and become a fan of a great program. The Domers suck and Les Miles is bat sh!t crazy. Haha
Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
As thedudedominick said it is best to start easy. Personally I would suggest just picking Irish and simming the first year and set the recruiting difficulty to Freshman. This will give you a good once through. Play around filling your recruiting board (turn off the recruiting board assistance in the recruiting tab), looking at prospects etc.. Then do the same through the offseason.

Weekly you don't have to recruit each and every player in this dynasty since you will be throwing it away, But I would suggest trying to recruit one player each week as this will get you familiar with the recruiting process. This is just a great way to get you familiar with the phases of the game.

Once you get back around to the next year kill it and start your real one.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
As thedudedominick said it is best to start easy. Personally I would suggest just picking Irish and simming the first year and set the recruiting difficulty to Freshman. This will give you a good once through. Play around filling your recruiting board (turn off the recruiting board assistance in the recruiting tab), looking at prospects etc.. Then do the same through the offseason.

Weekly you don't have to recruit each and every player in this dynasty since you will be throwing it away, But I would suggest trying to recruit one player each week as this will get you familiar with the recruiting process. This is just a great way to get you familiar with the phases of the game.

Once you get back around to the next year kill it and start your real one.
That's a brilliant idea and I think that's what I'll do. Any reason you suggested the Irish?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »