Home

The best 4 star RB ever!!!

This is a discussion on The best 4 star RB ever!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2003, 08:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
The best 4 star RB ever!!!

Well I am in my 4 season of my dynasty that my friend and I play in. I finally won my first NC in the third year. My recruiting class we not all too special and ranked 3rd in the nation. However, I did pick up a 4 star RB by the name of Mark Peace. He was clocked at 4.26 40 time and after my first visit with him, which was in week 3, the scouting report dropped his time to a 4.18. He ended up being 98 speed overall!!!! OMG, how in the world was he mistaken for a 4 star I will never know. He is 6'0" 186 lbs. He has a HUGE career at the University of Michigan in front of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The best 4 star RB ever!!!

What's his overall rating? I personally think speed is overrated, especially on Heisman. I'd rather have a bruiser with a high break tackle anyday.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:31 AM   #3
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I want to know his carrying, break tackle, agility, and acceleration before I anoint him the second coming. Give me an 85 speed, 90 acceleration, 90 agility, 70+ carrying, 70+ break tackle and I'm in hog heaven. I want him to be at least 200 pounds as well.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
MVP

I will look up these values and write them down at lunch. He is pretty quick and a total stud. I am unsure what you mean about not wanting speed on Heisman. I seem to value speed more on heisman than I did on AA. He ran for 400 yards against a very good Kansas State team. I think this will be my last year of this dynasty. I am destroying everyong and I have the sliders turned way up.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I've quickly realized that horizontal speed means nothing on the Heisman setting. You will not outrun a defensive player to the corner. Even running north/south, defensive players take great angles and it's tough to break one off towards the endzone. On AA I had a WR with 97-98 speed who could break a punt return because he would start one way and come back the other, beat the defenders to the corner, turn it up field and be gone. The CPU players are faster on Heisman, take better angles, and negate any speed advantage that you might have. That's why I don't care about speed as much as I do the break tackle rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2003, 07:28 AM   #6
MVP

Hmmmmm, well I seem to have a different running style than you do because I am able to get around the corner often. This running back is averaging well over 10 yards per carry. I looked up all his stats yesterday and although I didn't write them down this is approx what they were.
OVR:77 SPD:98 AGI:91 ACC:88 CTH:51 CAR:74 BTK:46

So although his ability to break a tackle is pathetic his ability to run around it is pretty darn good. And again, my whole point to this guy is that he was a 4 star and not a 5 star which amazes me. Because of him I will never solely look at recruiting 5 stars again.

I also picked up a 6'8" 351 lb offensive Tackle in the same recruiting class!!! That is one big 18 year old kid!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

tlavell's Arena

OVR: 1

I have found that on Heisman the big bruiser’s work best. When I recruit, I look for a back with 4.4 – 4.5 speed, has a strong leg/bench press and is at least 200 lbs and up. I used to go after the 4.2 – 4.3, 170-190 lb ‘s but I found that those guys did no better getting to the corner and where knocked down if a stiff wind blew on the field.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 PM   #8
MVP

I totally agree with you about the stiff breeze taking them down but man oh man, I couldn't disagree more about the corning thing. My 98 speed gets me into the secondary so much easier than my 88 speed back. Then if I can make the FS miss, TD BABY!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »