Home

Home Field Advantage

This is a discussion on Home Field Advantage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Home Field Advantage

I was reading another thread about how HFA (home-field advantage) boosts the home team, but didn't see specifics.

Therefore, my question to the OS Community is: What are the boosts the home team get from HFA?

I mean, of course, besides the distorted play art and your players not being able to hear calls on the field.

Specifics would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Home Field Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
I was reading another thread about how HFA (home-field advantage) boosts the home team, but didn't see specifics.

Therefore, my question to the OS Community is: What are the boosts the home team get from HFA?

I mean, of course, besides the distorted play art and your players not being able to hear calls on the field.

Specifics would be appreciated.
What I have noticed is dropped passes by wide open WR/TE. Poor blocking by O line even though they are all in the 80s. No pass rush and the worst DB awareness I have ever seen regardless of play call.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

It gives a boot to the home team and puts the visiting team in a hole. I think it's a 25 point swing spread out among the position players.

In short, the home team is rated higher and the visitor is rated lower ratings-wise.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I have noticed what Buckeyed said. I turn it off I'm done with HFA. Just another stupid gimmick that makes it harder to get a good, yet inconsitent game to work right. Anything the hampers ratings on ratings is a curse in my book. It's cool if you are a HUM-HUM player or HUM-CPU because sometimes one side or the other needs help in order for you to get a decent challenge, but in CPU games when you're trying to test sliders and edit rosters it is a hinderance.

To answer your question I'm not so sure that HFA gives the home team a huge boost, it just seems that way because the visiting team tends to make some very boneheaded plays. As usual with EA there gimmicks are either exaggerated (Impact players last gen), or underwhelming (Impact players current gen), there's rarely any balance. This gimmick is exaggerated.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 11-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »