Home

New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan

This is a discussion on New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #945
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I was wondering if there were any new discoveries made regarding the editor? or if someone made an updated xml to use
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #946
MVP

OVR: 0

Good afternoon. Has anyone ever recieved an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" warning when trying to put your edited file back into the package manager?

I extracted my file, completed my edits but now I cant put the edited file back in as a replacement. Any ideas? Damn I dont feel like doing all those edits over again man.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #947
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaballa
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I was wondering if there were any new discoveries made regarding the editor? or if someone made an updated xml to use
Haven't found anything new as far working with the actual editor but I have figured out more about OL/DL interactions and how ratings come into play.

Not sure if GM touched on it yet but I've found that the ONLY ratings that matter for the DL are Finesse and Power moves. Strength Miiiiight have something to do with a bit of push and pull but the only ratings that determine if the DL gets loose are Finesse and Power.

Blk Shed has NOTHING to do with the DL. I was leaning towards this before and haven't tested it, but I'm thinking Blk Shed is for LBs, Cbs, and Ss ability to get off blocks.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #948
Banned

since xanathol is back, thought i would give this thread a bump and maybe get some discussion going again
Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #949
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I will start off by saying the field in NCAA is too small and nobody can convince me other wise. After playing Madden 13 for a couple of months now, I can see it clear as day. NCAA field isn't as wide as the Madden field. There are many things in Madden 13 that you can do that you can't do in NCAA series because of this.

Case # 1

Throwing an out route. In Madden 13 when you throw an out route the WR have a good 3 yards of field left before he hits the sideline. And the throw seems to take longer to get there too.

Same throw in NCAA 13, ball gets there pretty damn fast and the WR be right on the sideline edge when he catches the ball. No room to turn up field at all.

Case #2

Outside runs. When you turn the corner in Madden 13, that it is it. Nobody is catching you from behind or from the side at all. Only person who might catch you is the safety because he was already down the field.

This doesn't happen in NCAA 13. You turn the corner and not only will the DE be there with you, but so would 2 of the linebackers and one of the defensive tackles as well. Just be one clustered crowd there.

There is no slider set that can fix that lack of field size that is in the NCAA series. In Madden you run towards the sideline and turn up field, you just feel another gear that pops in. Just PURE SPEED, you don't have to juke anybody or spin move or stiff arm anybody, just get turn the corner.

There is no cluster of players along the sidelines like it is NCAA. I and the CPU can return punts for TDs in Madden 13. Simply because of the space you have to get to the sidelines and turn up field.

To combat this lack of field size in NCAA, speed have to be reduced. Positions have to be capped off when it comes to speed and acceleration. Field is so small in NCAA players go from sideline to sideline way too damn fast. Too much ground is covered in short amount of time.

I'm talking severe cuts here people. There has to be a clear speed gap between linemen, HBs, LBs, DBs and WRs. There is no other way around a small field.

Throw 40 times out the window. Not going to work with a too small field.

Linemen capped at 60 max speed. Acceleration maxed at 50, unless he is a speed rush or quick type of guy, then his acceleration can be 99. Be warned, no more then 2 Linemen can have high acceleration. Having all front 4 with high acceleration messes up the flow of the game and creates a cluster ****.

LBs speed capped at 85. The vast bulk of the roster should have LBs in the 60s and 70s. Acceleration a good 10 points below their speed. Unless they are a sack master, then 99 acceleration.

WRS & DBs - speed from 75 to 90. Very few and I mean a very select few should have speed above 90.

75-79 - Slow players
80 to 85 - Average speed players
86 to 90 -Fast players
91 plus - Your true burners that make players look like they jogging on Saturdays

Awareness........have to be real careful with this folks. Over the years I have come to the conclusion you can make a game for dynasty sim stats or you can make a game for good game play or you can make a game for dynasty progression. Can't do all 3 at the same time. I choose game play.

That being said......Be careful how high you give players awareness. Too high and linemen will never miss a block. Too high and a defender will never miss a tackle or take a bad angle.

Last patch it appears they amped up the importance of awareness to the point it over rides pursuit, man coverage, zone coverage, pass block, run block, etc. Don't matter how low the skills ratings are, if awareness is high, it over rides and compensates.

In the process of figuring it how low is too low. Since different positions seems be affected differently. For linemen 70 and above they play like all stars. Don't miss a block or a damn thing at all. So I will get back to you all on that. Might have to drop them down to 50 or 60.

Looking at awareness across the board. The field is too small and it appears with high awareness they seeing way too much of this too small field at once. Messing up the flow of the game.

Jump for all DBs max out at 60. For some reason they already get a boost in jump as is. Don't know why, but it is coded that way.

I will be on touching on all the ratings eventually. This is just the beginning of the Battle Plan. Purpose is too compensate for this too small field. Get rid of clusters of players. Tired of seeing so many players in and around tackles that isn't even on their side of the field. A new revolution has begun......I'm back.
The NFL draft confirmed once again that speed in this game is unrealistic. The 16 drafted LBs who posted 40-times at the combine clocked an average time of 4.7 (the median time was also 4.7). That equates to 76 game speed. Only three of the sixteen ran 4.61 or faster (80 speed or higher). Safety speed is also vastly overstated in EA's rosters. The average time for drafted FS was 4.56 (83 spd) and the average for drafted SS was 4.6 (81 spd). As Skills said, a huge step toward bringing realism to the game is reducing speed across the board.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #950
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
The NFL draft confirmed once again that speed in this game is unrealistic. The 16 drafted LBs who posted 40-times at the combine clocked an average time of 4.7 (the median time was also 4.7). That equates to 76 game speed. Only three of the sixteen ran 4.61 or faster (80 speed or higher). Safety speed is also vastly overstated in EA's rosters. The average time for drafted FS was 4.56 (83 spd) and the average for drafted SS was 4.6 (81 spd). As Skills said, a huge step toward bringing realism to the game is reducing speed across the board.
You are correct....BUT I started an OD after tweaking the rosters using gotmadskills ideas from 2012. The fastest guy was Thomas from Oregon with 94 speed down from 99. I re rated all players according to their styles (Speed, Balanced, Power, etc.) A couple of users were irate that so and so wasn't as fast as what EA gave them. EA doesn't know football they only know how to make a game that football people will critique all day long while the unknowing majority of football fans will play until Madden comes out.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #951
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

for our ps3 brethren who have joined the fold
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »