Home

Service Academy Dynasty

This is a discussion on Service Academy Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse7070
Yea I'm torn between Navy and Army. Had a grandfather in each, and my best friend is in the Marine Corps which is part of the Navy, so I guess at the end of the day I root for Navy, but Army over Air Force.

Ah heck, how can you root against any of them??
True story. Dad was a 20 year army vet. Gpa in navy, uncle in marines, and ill prolly go Air Force for a lol after I grad college

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 11-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't know how in the world you guys think those numbers apply to the football programs..... All three recruit and play much bigger players. That's more of a general guideline for enlistment, not some set in stone requirement. It would be better to only recruit guys who care about academic prestige. Just make that the first thing you ask every recruit. Drop them if the interest isn't at least average, and don't offer until you can sway it to high. Also don't recruit lineman over 270 and no redshirting players. Now that would be fun
Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by e61893
I don't know how in the world you guys think those numbers apply to the football programs..... All three recruit and play much bigger players. That's more of a general guideline for enlistment, not some set in stone requirement. It would be better to only recruit guys who care about academic prestige. Just make that the first thing you ask every recruit. Drop them if the interest isn't at least average, and don't offer until you can sway it to high. Also don't recruit lineman over 270 and no redshirting players. Now that would be fun
Actualy when they recruit them they have to be around that size but they can waivers for their weight once there in the academy.

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Rookie

NOT AT ALL DUDE!!!! You're tripping if you think that's true. Every 6'2" player army recruits has to be under 205? That is just NOT true at all man. Hate to burst your bubble
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Service Academy Dynasty

Looking at Army's 2012 roster there are only about 10-12 players on the roster that are above 260. the heaviest DL is 265 with the heaviest OL being 290. but the majority of both OL and DL are around 240 lbs. +/- 10 lbs. on a side note a good portion of their RB's are bigger than their LB's
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Yes but essentially ALL OF THEM are well above the limit on that chart. And since the game doesn't generate many OL below 260, and none below 250, it's my opinion that you have to budge some. You may view it differently but if the game isn't generating the players you would recruit, you have to look elsewhere. There are several good OL in the 260-270 range. The chart that is used is a guideline based on BMI. Most football players, even RBS and LBs are technically, by the stupid BMI scale obese. For these types of candidates the academies are allowed to take a body fat % measurement to determine their fitness for entrance.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #15
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by e61893
Yes but essentially ALL OF THEM are well above the limit on that chart. And since the game doesn't generate many OL below 260, and none below 250, it's my opinion that you have to budge some. You may view it differently but if the game isn't generating the players you would recruit, you have to look elsewhere. There are several good OL in the 260-270 range. The chart that is used is a guideline based on BMI. Most football players, even RBS and LBs are technically, by the stupid BMI scale obese. For these types of candidates the academies are allowed to take a body fat % measurement to determine their fitness for entrance.
I mean your right but we were just talking about fun recruiting restrictions

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Service Academy Dynasty

Those are not at all set in stone rules for the military. I am 6'2" and when I joined I weighed 225. The actual requirements for entry are based on body fat percentage. Those are the weight requirements within which they dont test your actual body fat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »