Home

Dynasty: Ohio St or Michigan?

This is a discussion on Dynasty: Ohio St or Michigan? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty: Ohio St or Michigan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHCross
As a Buckeye myself, the obvious biased answer is Ohio State.

From a Dynasty perspective, as Buckeyed said, there are a lot of holes with the Ohio State roster (especially on certain rosters I've seen, though on PS3) that could be solved with a good year of recruiting. Other than Braxton Miller and the defensive line, there's very little that you couldn't just completely overhaul and bring in your own recruits.

However, from a purely "more enjoyable Dynasty" question ... I might go with M*ch*g*n, as much as I hate to say it. UM loses Denard after Year One, so you have to find his replacement, and fast. While UM has access to Ohio, it's not going to be as easy for you to recruit there as it is for Ohio State -- and Ohio State is tough to recruit against, even under CPU control. Michigan (the state) doesn't have quite the talent pool Ohio does, so you can't just rely on in-state recruits (whereas Ohio State can be played really easily with nothing but in-state recruits). Plus you have Nebraska and Michigan State to compete for the Division Title ... not a cakewalk, if your sliders are competitive.
Competing against Notre Dame in Ohio as well. Not easy for anyone to go recruit against both ND and Ohio St.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Competing against Notre Dame in Ohio as well. Not easy for anyone to go recruit against both ND and Ohio St.
Yes, and you have Cincinnati eating up 3* recruits plus the entire MAC. Texas, you have like 300 schools as well to compete with.

Either way, if you can get Texas, Cali, Ohio, Florida, and/or Georgia you are the big winner. Ohio State has Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida but will lose Florida after year one without picking up one or two.

Last edited by Buckeyed; 12-08-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Department of redundancy department
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I think if the players are rated as they played this past season then Mich will be ok with Devin Gardner. He played really well and is a much better passer than Robinson. I edited both him and Braxton Miller because by default they are vastly underrated. I play Coach and CPU mode so the AWR rating plays a big part for QBs in my games. Braxton is a 65 by default. That is just wrong. Mich will be set nicely at QB with Gardner next season just as Ohio St. will be with Miller. I think players should be rated properly so that they are not underrepresented. Both of these players are in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't really know how others see them, but I've always thought Ohio's unis were boring/ugly, but then again I've always thought that about everything Ohio. Idk, uniforms are important to me in NCAA, since that is the only constant you have, so your preference there should be taken into consideration, whatever that is.
Denard is really fun, and with updated rosters so is Gardner, I think Gardner has 95+ TPOW by default, so with updated accuracy plus his insane running skills, you have a few years of really fun QBs. Don't forget that Gardner may well be granted a medical RS, and if he does (it looks nearly definite at this point) you can make him a sophomore and have even more time with him.
Funchess (Frosh TE) is a beast at 6'5 and 85 speed, and updated rosters with Jake Ryan are fun.

If you are looking to take it a long way, I'd go with whichever seems to have the most longevity to you (young, fun players, uniforms, tradition, recruiting, stadium, etc.).

Hope that helps, GO BLUE!

Last edited by Arrow218; 12-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #13
Rookie

guru8's Arena

Well said arrow and sundown.... Michigan is intriguing.. I would need speed wrs though. Ohio St has no game breakers this year either...
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
I don't really know how others see them, but I've always thought Ohio State's unis were boring/ugly, but then again I've always thought that about everything Ohio. Idk, uniforms are important to me in NCAA, since that is the only constant you have, so your preference there should be taken into consideration, whatever that is.
Denard is really fun, and with updated rosters so is Gardner, I think Gardner has 95+ TPOW by default, so with updated accuracy plus his insane running skills, you have a few years of really fun QBs. Don't forget that Gardner may well be granted a medical RS, and if he does (it looks nearly definite at this point) you can make him a sophomore and have even more time with him.
Funchess (Frosh TE) is a beast at 6'5 and 85 speed, and updated rosters with Jake Ryan are fun.

If you are looking to take it a long way, I'd go with whichever seems to have the most longevity to you (young, fun players, uniforms, tradition, recruiting, stadium, etc.).

Hope that helps, GO BLUE!

Yeah, uniforms. That is what wins championships. Never mind the Nike Pro Combats. Maize...err...Sun and Blue looks great if you want Adidas jacking up your unis.

Seriously, both teams blow at WR this year. TEs are solid on both teams. Ohio State has young CBs in the 80s and Shazier is a sophomore. The TSUN guy will agree that you should never ever take The Catholic School of Indiana.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #15
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

As soon as I saw Michigan-Ohio St in the thread title I knew the homerism would not be far behind lol.

Edit: Shazier is a really solid young LB. I like him a lot he played well this past year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed

Yeah, uniforms. That is what wins championships. Never mind the Nike Pro Combats. Maize...err...Sun and Blue looks great if you want Adidas jacking up your unis.

Seriously, both teams blow at WR this year. TEs are solid on both teams. Ohio State has young CBs in the 80s and Shazier is a sophomore. The TSUN guy will agree that you should never ever take The Catholic School of Indiana.
I'm saying that in 10 years everything will be different, but not your uniforms. Is it really so weird to suggest he should factor in his uniform preference "whatever it is."?
I like using Gallon, but yes, they both blow at WR. Not a huge deal since they're both running teams for the time being.
Michigan has Jake Ryan while Ohio has Shazier, and Michigan also has two good young CBs in Countess and Taylor.

Last edited by Arrow218; 12-09-2012 at 02:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »