Home

Increasing the Off-Field Interaction in Campus Legend

This is a discussion on Increasing the Off-Field Interaction in Campus Legend within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2
Increasing the Off-Field Interaction in Campus Legend

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but hear me out for the time being. I've played campus legend since it first came out in '06 as race for the heisman and I've grown to miss the interactions you had in the old PS2 games. Sure it was shallow and easy to exploit but I think I have a way to give that interactivity back in a way that's less interfering and more realistic.

First off instead of having to select each individual night on the calender you get a prompt after the week ends of what you're going to do this week. You get a screen with the four options on it. Study, workout, study playbook, and social life. For each choice there is a bar that you can fill out all the way to 5. You pick how you will maintain each one, however, you only get 5 points for the week unless it's a bye week, then you get 6. You use your points to fill out the slots and plan your week. For example, say my player's GPA is slipping but his social life is fine. So to counter these I put 3 points for GPA, 1 point for workouts and studying the playbook and leave social life empty. Now my GPA goes up but my social life will drop a small amount.

Here's how the system would work. 0 points is having absolutely nothing to do with the activity causing whatever it affects to drop 1 to 4 points. 1 is just maintaining it, you may get 1 point added every once in a while, but it's mostly just to keep it stable. 2 points is like spending an extra 15 minutes in the gym, or another hour studying. It's just letting you get extra time in and will give you an increase of 1 or 2 points. 3 is actively trying to improve and you'll see a 2-4 point increase. 4 is even more actively increasing gaining 4-6 points. A 5 gives a guaranteed 6-10 point increase.

What each does is self explanatory. Studying improves GPA. Working out improves your skills except awareness. Studying the playbook affects awareness. Social life is my own aspect. What it does is it can affect a players discipline and other issues. Before you start you have to pick what kind of person your player is. They can either be introverted, neutral, or extroverted.

An introverted player doesn't require a high social life rating. In fact anything above a 7 will cause them to have discipline issues. Introverted players can have lower social life ratings but because of this they have a harder time moving up the depth chart and becoming a captain.

Neutral players are in the middle. They only have discipline issues if their social life is too high or low. Say 1-2 or 9-10. They are easier to make captain and starter with than introverted players, but also harder than with an extroverted player.

Extroverted players need high social life ratings. Anything below a 6 is bad for them. Below a 6 they start having discipline issues like showing up late to practice. These players are the easiest to make captain and starter with, but their social life is harder to maintain.

The discipline issues for this are mostly minor. They are things like showing up late to practice, or leaving early often. The most major would be skipping practice or fighting with another player. These suspensions would only be one or two games if that. This is more of a captain and starter issue. Having suspensions will affect coach trust and cause you to have to do even better to gain back the starting position.

Anyway this is just my idea of an improved system to add a bit more realism to NCAA. Like I said, I miss the old way the games played and would just like to see a little more interaction off of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
If RTG played like this I'd de actually play it! But I don't they will ever do it. So IMO they either need to roll with your suggestions a make it worthwhile or scrap it and focus on gameplay and dynasty stuff! Just my opinion not trying to hate man. You said some great stuff!

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Banned

dhook27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Increasing the Off-Field Interaction in Campus Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
If RTG played like this I'd de actually play it! But I don't they will ever do it. So IMO they either need to roll with your suggestions a make it worthwhile or scrap it and focus on gameplay and dynasty stuff! Just my opinion not trying to hate man. You said some great stuff!
in ncaa 11 i liked how u could see gpa and u could pick too go too the gym or study i might go back and get that game again now that i think about even though i have 13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »