Home

Miracle Wins

This is a discussion on Miracle Wins within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Miracle Wins

0:05 seconds left, Texas State (me, dynasty, 0-4) 21-21 Nevada (4-0)
I had just lead a huge drive for the game tying FG with my starting RB and QB both out for the game. They'd driven down to around my 45. The QB throws a pass with no time left. I pick it off, break two tackles, and run it back 94 yards for the TD. Greatness score A++. I've never yelled so loudly (happy loud, I've gotten pretty angry before) at a video game. This thread is partially to gloat, not gonna lie, but I want to hear some other stories.

Anyone else had similar miracle wins?

Last edited by Arrow218; 12-13-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Miracle Wins

Ha, that would be insane if that happened - a hail mary that goes the other way.

The very first game I played on NCAA '13 was pretty intense - my friend and I as Stanford vs USC in an exhibition. I think we got down 14-0 at halftime cause we were kind of figuring out what we were doing. Then in the 2nd half we scored a TD, but my friend d*cked around on the extra point so that made it 14-6. We scored a 2nd TD early in the 4th quarter & went for 2 to tie it, but failed, barely (completed a short pass but was tackled right at the goal line), so it was 14-12. There was enough time to force USC to punt so we kicked it deep, but USC started putting a drive together and running out the clock. They faced a 3rd down with about 50 seconds left, and we had no timeouts - we needed a stop or the game was over. Their HB broke free on an inside run, and was near the left sideline heading for the endzone. I was in pursuit as one of the safeties, barely caught him at the 3-yard line and stripped the ball, and my friend's player dove on it just before it went out of bounds. We were going ecstatic - strip barely ever worked in earlier versions of the game!!

So with 40ish seconds left, we connected on a bunch of short pass plays to get inside the USC 10 with about 8 seconds left. Since we missed our one XP attempt (and I think I missed a FG earlier) we threw for the endzone, and our WR laid out and caught the ball just inside the goaline, holding on despite taking a hit mid-air and being spun around like a helicopter. There were 2 seconds left, and the clock was run out on the ensuing kickoff, so we won 19-14. 90+ yards in under 40 seconds after a forced fumble on a potentially game-ending touchdown run. So epic.

Another friend and I have had some near miraculous wins that would have been even more amazing in our dynasty that we just started as Eastern Michigan. At Purdue we were down 28-0 early in the 3rd quarter, then 35-7 late in the 3rd. We scored at the end of the 3rd to make it 35-14, then again with 3:39 left in the game to make it 35-21. We recovered the onside kick and scored with 1:54 left, so it's 35-28 and we're pumped! We don't get the next onside, BUT Purdue fumbles trying to run the clock out and we have the ball on about our own 40 yard line! We then couldn't get a first down in 4 plays and turned the ball over on downs Very anticlimactic Purdue scored on a long run and we scored with :02 left to make the final 42-35. Almost the best comeback ever.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd say that 90% of the time that the situation in the op occurs for me, the WR would be wide open in the end zone or in triple coverage but still catch the ball for a TD. I've seen it way too many times in close games. The db glitch has definitely been the cause for several last second losses for me.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 14

I was playing my Nd dynasty vs Pitt. Pitt had just scored with 6 left on the clock. I thought no chance. Then we take a touchback. Gholston throws one up to the 50 I think it's done. The Pitt defender falls leaving jones to the end zone for the game winner. Also played as oregon state vs Wisconsin. No timeouts left Wisconsin has the ball 245 left. They run it twice then with 55 left they throw it too ball who drops it. I return it too the fifty down 1 . My qb throws a hail Mary leaving 5 seconds and I won the game. Also in my Nd dynasty on average I've won by 3 pts or more my kicker even won koy. Craziness. That's why I love cfb.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I was playing in my Georgia Tech dynasty against Miami, and I had one of the best finishes I've ever played. Miami stopped my option most of the game, however, two times that I reached the red zone I decided to go for it on 4th down when I could've gotten two field goals.

Anyway, here is my fantastic finish; its been a scoreless 4th quarter, I had just forced Miami to punt with around 0:10 left to play. I'm down with a score of 17-13. I force the punt and get the ball with about 0:05 left on my 40 yard line. I call Hail Mary, but right when I snap the ball I see my TE wide open over the middle 7 yards from the line of scrimmage, so I throw it as fast as I can for a very quick gain of 10.

I am now around the 50 with 0:02 left. I call a timeout along with a Hail Mary. Here's what happens next:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/145208663
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/145208599

http://www.easports.com/media/play/image/145208641
http://www.easports.com/media/play/image/145208619
http://www.easports.com/media/play/image/145208617

I win the game 20-17, and walk away with my greatest finish ever so far in this game. I was so ecstatic I was yelling at the top of my lungs. I had to show everyone in my house because I was so happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

mine was an online game against a pretty good player. may have been around 220-150 or so. He scores a FG with about 5 seconds left in the game to go up 3. I'm pretty much going through the motions just trying to get the game over after he kicks off. I return it to about the 35. But i had a second left. I come out in a 4 Wide set and see that he only has 1 safety up top. I'm thinking no way this idiot is in man defense with 1 guy up top. gotta be a cover 3 zone right? I drop back and complete it over the top because that 1 safety was late getting there and take it all the way for the TD and win.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 21

Had a dynasty going as Tulane and was playing a conference game against Tulsa. There was no defense for the entire game. The largest lead of the game came when I scored a TD to go up by 14 points with less than a minute in the first half. Tulsa promptly scored before the end of the half and scored on the opening drive of the second half to tie it back up.

At the end of the game I was down 56-49 and was starting to struggle offensively. I was able to get to around the Tulsa 45 but had a 4th down with 2 seconds left. Threw a Hail Mary and caught it to tie the game 56-56.

Overtime was much the same as regulation: No defense. Fast-forward to 5OT and I make the first mistake by failing on to convert on the 2pt conversion.

I had been supersimming defense since I'm an OC, but for Tulsa's turn in 5OT I decided to try watching defense and seeing if I'd have better luck. First play for Tulsa? 25 yard TD. We're now tied 92-92 and Tulsa with a chance to win the game if they can convert the 2-pointer. They go 5-wide and throw, and the ball is picked off! My player manages to run the length of the field to score 2 points and win the game 94-92!

I had another game I lost in a similar fashion. I was playing as a TB team against Air Force and fell down 24-0. I managed to make a comeback and took a 39-38 lead with a minute left in the game. We go for 2 to make it a field goal lead. Unfortunately, I throw a pick, and sure enough Air Force runs it all the way back and wins the game 40-39.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

I've had some close games before but nothing to spectacular, just some unrealistic hail marys really. Lol.

Well this last year I was ranked #1 with my Oregon State Beavers in my final game of the season against unranked Hawaii. I'm not sure why but every year I really struggle with this Hawaii team -_-. Anyway, I don't remember it all completely, but I do remember getting the ball back with :40 seconds to go and I am down 25-30 and thinking I can pull this off. I throw a few shorter passes and then the clock hits :04 and I am at my own 50. I heave one last pass to the endzone. The corner covering the receiver on the far left cut into far onto the slot receiver (who I threw the ball to) and the far left receiver sprints of no where to snatch the ball in front of my receiver and the opposing corner. I had was fairly surprised he caught it so when he did I started mashing on the pitch button but luckily, he was able to pitch to no one and scampered into the end zone. 32-30 final score

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »