Home

Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year

This is a discussion on Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year

For the cover contest, I noticed GSU, USA, and ODU were included in the vote.

I think we can safely say nobody will be left out this year. It's a small thing, but the first news we have on 14.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3
Re: Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year

Yes, there will be 126 teams in '14.

I thought there was an explanation somewhere of what the plans were with everything surrounding the South Alabama situation. I can't find it, though.
Twitter: @Drifterbub
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterbub
I thought there was an explanation somewhere of what the plans were with everything surrounding the South Alabama situation. I can't find it, though.
South Alabama was mistakenly left out of NCAA13. According to what I've read, the school is supposed to be getting "star" treatment for '14, including their stadium and custom stadium noises being included in the next title.

I think that for the next generation console, the NCAA series should include all FBS and FCS schools, especially in light of the probable death of the Big East. I loathe the idea of the super-conferences, and including all college football schools would be ridiculously awesome.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I still have my fingers crossed for FCS teams in '14

I can dream.... man, thats all I ever wanted...
Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Would love FCS teams in NCAA 14. If not I'm defiantly looking forward to play with ODU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

South Alabama rebuilding dynasty here I come!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox
South Alabama was mistakenly left out of NCAA13. According to what I've read, the school is supposed to be getting "star" treatment for '14, including their stadium and custom stadium noises being included in the next title.
It wasn't a mistake, from what I saw. USA simply decided on moving up to FBS at a later time than the other three schools, and EA was too far along in development to put them in. Their fans got up in arms, and EA agreed to give them four-star treatment in '14 to make up for the perceived slight.

I'd rather they find a way to get everyone's fight song right myself, but it's not my game.

Quote:
I think that for the next generation console, the NCAA series should include all FBS and FCS schools, especially in light of the probable death of the Big East. I loathe the idea of the super-conferences, and including all college football schools would be ridiculously awesome.
I like this idea, and wouldn't mind if they threw in a couple of defunct conferences we could turn on to spread teams out a little more. There's so much they could do with the custom conference system, but as of right now, they haven't.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaKnights
I like this idea, and wouldn't mind if they threw in a couple of defunct conferences we could turn on to spread teams out a little more. There's so much they could do with the custom conference system, but as of right now, they haven't.
While I agree that it would be awesome to have a few of the old conferences included, I am sure that there is some sort of legal hurdle that prevents EA from doing so. I'm not a fan of super-conferences and the ability to spread out teams over a lot of different leagues is highly appealing.

What I am really curious about now is how EA is going to handle the growing implosion of the Big East, what with the most recent school defections.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »