Home

how do you stop this cheese

This is a discussion on how do you stop this cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
how do you stop this cheese

there is a guy in my od its on heisman.

that runs power i tight power o to the left side of the field.

i have a pretty good d line the holes were giant and i have the leagues best run defense he ran for 174

he also runs pistol full house.

he runs two plays off tackle to the right and left

he also sends two backs on flys up the middle and direction passes quick for all first downs.

how do i stop all this crap i lost 28-24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: how do you stop this cheese

So because it works it is "cheese"? If that is the case, how about asking the teams trying to stop A.P. from breaking Dickerson's record. Every team knows they going to run it yet he still runs for 200+, like yesterday how he ran for 212.

Bottom line my point is just because it works does not mean it is cheese.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

I agree with the previous user, I do not agree that there is any run play that is cheese on this years game. You must up your user skills to shut that play down or he will get massive yeards every game. I had a guy or two in my dynasty that did this same tactic, and all the other guys got together developing scouting reports and how to stop it. I can say this against the formation you stated, 4-2-5 double pinch or inside blitz works. You have to spread your d-line out and pinch in your linebackers and it will shut it down 8 times out of ten if you control the safety. another FORMATION that I have discovered that does a pretty good job at stopping power o plays is 3-4 solid, and 3-4 over. Weak side blitz, and basically any man blitz shuts it down. Only problem is you have to pick your poison on when to use it cause if he has good recievers you might be giving up the long ball. In this game ur d-line can be great, but you must have a stud linebacker and stud DB's.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpack10
I agree with the previous user, I do not agree that there is any run play that is cheese on this years game. You must up your user skills to shut that play down or he will get massive yeards every game. I had a guy or two in my dynasty that did this same tactic, and all the other guys got together developing scouting reports and how to stop it. I can say this against the formation you stated, 4-2-5 double pinch or inside blitz works. You have to spread your d-line out and pinch in your linebackers and it will shut it down 8 times out of ten if you control the safety. another FORMATION that I have discovered that does a pretty good job at stopping power o plays is 3-4 solid, and 3-4 over. Weak side blitz, and basically any man blitz shuts it down. Only problem is you have to pick your poison on when to use it cause if he has good recievers you might be giving up the long ball. In this game ur d-line can be great, but you must have a stud linebacker and stud DB's.
You also have to look at your personnel and how you stack up.

For example, my current team is stacked on offense but weak on defense (92 offense, 80 defense). They are good at run defense but my corners are not great at coverage. Plus my depth at corner is lacking, I have 3 that can hold their own then from #4 on down the quality really gets shady. Here is where my point is made though, my corners man ratings are all in the 70s and their zone ratings in the mid to high 80s.

So my play calling goes no deeper than a nickle package and I run zone coverage 95% of the time. You have to know your team and how they are constructed.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld
there is a guy in my od its on heisman.

that runs power i tight power o to the left side of the field.

i have a pretty good d line the holes were giant and i have the leagues best run defense he ran for 174

he also runs pistol full house.

he runs two plays off tackle to the right and left

he also sends two backs on flys up the middle and direction passes quick for all first downs.

how do i stop all this crap i lost 28-24
You simply just need to look at your defensive formations.

Alot of the Defensive plays have the same names, but they are different In your case, you might wanna look at loading up the box every once in a while being that you do have the best defense in the league.

If you load the box on him, its a chance that you could stop the play for minimal gains. Dont commit to one side because thats what opens up your holes on the backside & sometimes clogs up running lanes for your own LB's to get thru.

As far as stoping the full house running plays, a CB Dog Blitz might work off the weak side. Juz make sure you move the corner closer to the line.

It would also help you to run some Man Zone for those Passing plays to the HB's. One of your LB's will pick him/ them up covering in the middle. a QB spy works as well. Only problem is that he can move to one side & both the QB & RB will be covered, however if he runs both the HB's upfield, the other HB is open. A Gamble, but worth it sometimes.

Another thing you can do is just send the Safety's down the field. Theres nothing wrong with a safety Blitz one play, then bring sit them back in close coverage the next play based on the fact that he might try your safety's cuz you blitz them down.

On top of that, you can also check his plays every once in a while by showing a safety blitz when they are really in coverage. He might audible to another side or even audible to a pass play. A pass play is 50/50 in your favor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

174? That's not a ton of rushing yards to give up. Playing the CPU on harder than default Heisman sliders is much more "cheese."
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

28-24 loss is not cheese. I could say you were doing the same I guess because your plays were working. What are your stats?

If the guy runs and you know it or if he is hitting up the middle passes to RBs, user the LBs. All of these suggestions made are spot on.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

What would you do to a guy who runs only two plays that give you the same look every time. One of them is a draw and the other is a quick button hook to the inside receiver. I know it's not cheese, but it is kind of ridiculous to run the same two plays 75% of the time and use the same formation 100% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »