Home

Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #17
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden?

Old 12-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #18
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

NCAA is quite a bit better than Madden. Three main reasons:

3. More teams, more vareity in playbooks.

Actually, I think Madden playbooks have more variety. In every formation there is the same plays in NCAA. In Madden, there's a bundle of plays for each formation and each team has a different set of plays. I love the variety in teams in any college sports game... you can always find a team to match your playing style.

I couldn't stand Madden, a waste of 25 bucs(I traded it in a few weeks back). I got it as soon as it was at my EB, which was as soon as it was anywhere else pretty much, and I just couldn't get into it. I think I was so spoiled by NCAA. Madden has it's high points like the animations and the fact that it's got the best of the best in terms of players, but NCAA has so much going for it.

I've played up near 150 games of NCAA and I'll probably get past 200, maybe 250 before the next one comes out(I'm awaiting EA Sports Fight Night, so I wont go with too high of a prediction). I just cannot put the game down, even after purchasing ESPN College Hoops.

In Madden, I couldn't get more than 3 seconds to throw the ball, EVER. Now I know that's the typical window, but NFL quarterbacks get more time than that sometimes. I run outs and drags and I couldn't get enough time for them to develop.

NCAA all the way!
Old 12-20-2003, 04:33 PM   #19
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

yes ncaa is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »