Home

PS3 Controller Problems

This is a discussion on PS3 Controller Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

makmanmu's Arena

OVR: 1
PS3 Controller Problems

I just want to see if anyone is having the same issue as I am in regards to playing on the PS3. My biggest problem is when I have the ball the ball carrier will automatically attempt to pitch without me pressing the pitch button. This happens on average 5 times a game. Most of the time he will hang onto the ball and only fake pitch, but there are certain times when he pitches and it ends up becoming a loose ball. I also have this issue on defense. I control the DE and when I am engaged with the O-Lineman it automatically switches players to the defender nearest to the ball.

Before I go out and get a new controller, has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

(btw I play user vs. CPU, Heisman, slow speed, default sliders except tackle at 25)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Banned

dhook27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 Controller Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmanmu
I just want to see if anyone is having the same issue as I am in regards to playing on the PS3. My biggest problem is when I have the ball the ball carrier will automatically attempt to pitch without me pressing the pitch button. This happens on average 5 times a game. Most of the time he will hang onto the ball and only fake pitch, but there are certain times when he pitches and it ends up becoming a loose ball. I also have this issue on defense. I control the DE and when I am engaged with the O-Lineman it automatically switches players to the defender nearest to the ball.

Before I go out and get a new controller, has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

(btw I play user vs. CPU, Heisman, slow speed, default sliders except tackle at 25)
yea i have experinced this. It happens when u drop ur controller too much and it messes up the sensitivity inside it. So yea u need a new controller.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, this happens to me, too. No clue what causes it.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

I was thinking along the same lines as you guys, that it was the controller. I have 4 controllers & have experienced it with all of them. Turns out it was me. I get really into the game sometimes and push buttons too hard or even push ones I don't mean to. If you're like me, you'll hit the R1, R2, L1, & L2 buttons on the PS3 when you're getting a little too into it. I'd make sure it's not you before dropping the $45 on a new controller.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Was having the same issues a few weeks ago. Bought 2 new controllers to rule them out....haven't had it happen since , but i won't rule out anything w/ this game. Luckily for me mine were old , so they were due to be replaced anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »