Home

I cant believe it.. I was so close

This is a discussion on I cant believe it.. I was so close within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I cant believe it.. I was so close

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005

just watched it. very entertaining man! dude look at 11:36 in the video! what a flattening block by #85 to part the seas for the RB to win the game!

the end of regulation was insane dude! first you fumble, then you get a 3 and out using all your TOs, then the long pass, then their D steps up and puts pressure on your QB, and you had to pass it or risk the clock running out, and you throw an INT, but then force a fumble on the tackle!
I still dont know how my WR caught that pass.. I thought for sure that was overthrown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
by the way i have a question about ncaa 09 on PS2. in ncaa 08 i remember there was a bug where the CPU FG kickers never missed a FG. (there were blocks, but they never missed to the left or right like they did in earlier games like ncaa 04-06) have you ever seen a CPU kicker actually miss a FG to the left or right of the uprights in ncaa 09?
I cant say for sure I have NEVER seen it happen.. but I cant recall the last time it did happen
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I cant believe it.. I was so close

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I still dont know how my WR caught that pass.. I thought for sure that was overthrown..
Well many thoughts go through my mind when i watch a play like that. see i think that is something specific to ncaa 09. well you lobbed it, you could control the trajectory of the pass depending on how long you hold the button and if you are aiming the left analog stick or running with the QB. that was a lob, and you got a lot of air under that ball and allowed him to swoop in and catch it. in situations like that, i switch to the receiver while the ball is in the air and. like right there, in previous games like ncaa 2005 #28 on Arizona would have gone up for a knockdown (on all-american default) in that play, the Arizona defenders didn't contest the ball and your guy ran right to the ball without user control. i don't think that happens often in ncaa 08 or the earlier games. but that might have been a rare occurrence in ncaa 09 also. what's fun about a game like ncaa 2005 is the amount of tipped balls you can have. some find it ridiculous, but it can lead to very exciting plays, where a ball it tipped way high in the air, then caught or intercepted.

the pre-NCAA 07 last-gen games have i think some better more realistic pass defense, but don't have the amazing plays and formations as ncaa 08 or 09. nor the features, slide protection, r-stick QB evade, or r-click/r-stick receiver direct. i wish EA would release one more last-gen game!! that has all the features with none of the bugs! WHY NOT? It would make MONEY! And it would satisfy the fans!! They should just start re-manufacturing Original Xboxes and release NCAA 08 v2! Come on EA! Do it for your loyal fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I cant say for sure I have NEVER seen it happen.. but I cant recall the last time it did happen
That's the same feeling we all had when we were playing NCAA 08 on PS2 or Original Xbox! We weren't sure they never missed, they just never seemed to miss. also, user team field goals were automatic when the ball was spotted in the middle of the field! (those were harder to make in earlier games with the meter) on NCAA 08 last-gen, turning down the CPU FG accuracy slider all the way, and that didn't seem to make cpu kickers miss. i wonder if by editing the ratings of the kickers in the roster editor if it would make them miss.

This is another thing where the older games had CPU kickers missing left or right, but it was nearly if not impossible to actually block a kick. But starting in NCAA 07 last-gen, when they implemented the analog kicking, they changed the timing of field goals, to give you more time to block it. and they had those sequences where it goes into slow mo trying to block a kick. i don't think i've ever been able to block a kick in any game prior to NCAA 07. but i've blocked many kicks in NCAA 07 and 08 last-gen, and it looks the same way in NCAA 09 from your videos. i'm going to try to edit kicker ratings to see if i can get kickers to miss FGs in post NCAA 07 last-gen games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »