Home

Recruiting Difficulty

This is a discussion on Recruiting Difficulty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Recruiting Difficulty

Does the higher difficulty make it where schools like FIU, UCF, FAU, Navy, Army, etc. don't get top recruits or does it just make it harder for me to recruit players?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

tryhardjuice's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Difficulty

Others schools are just "better" at recruiting. Makes it a little tougher on you.

It's also tougher to sway pitches, make it onto guys boards, and rank up on their boards.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryhardjuice
Others schools are just "better" at recruiting. Makes it a little tougher on you.

It's also tougher to sway pitches, make it onto guys boards, and rank up on their boards.

I assumed that it would make recruiting tougher on me, but my main question is will small conference schools (ie. Troy, FAU, FIU, etc.) have a more difficult time recruiting high caliber recruits? I had Ark St & Troy both ranked in the top 20 in my dynasty and FIU & UCF ranked in the top 10, in one particular season UCF was ranked 3rd.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
I assumed that it would make recruiting tougher on me, but my main question is will small conference schools (ie. Troy, FAU, FIU, etc.) have a more difficult time recruiting high caliber recruits? I had Ark St & Troy both ranked in the top 20 in my dynasty and FIU & UCF ranked in the top 10, in one particular season UCF was ranked 3rd.

God knows what the EA gods decide sometimes, at one point in my dynasty Wake Forest was 12-0 and ranked #1.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Banned

dhook27's Arena

OVR: 2

i think sumtimes ea doenst know recruiting. because in real life smaller schools do get 4 star recruits but in the game when using a smaller school they make seem impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

If you want the most realistic recruiting experience, then Heisman level is the way to go. I've been recruiting this way on NCAA 12 and NCAA 13 and am enjoying the challenge. I usually do a dynasty with one or two star programs and I don't have problems reeling in a solid class considering the circumstances.

As for other schools I'm currently in my 10th season (after going back to NCAA 12) with the Ohio Bobcats. Schools like Akron and most of the Michigan MAC teams have continued to struggle to gain any consistency while a few other schools have risen from the bottom to become a yearly challenger in the MAC. With EA naturally you'll have some random schools come up to be powerhouses (Nevada has been to the last two NC games, winning one). However, as one of these schools rise you'll have another school fall to mediocrity. Both Florida and Ohio State are usually "meh" 7-5 teams.

Now for smaller schools drawing four star prospects in real life, maybe schools like Duke, Minnesota, Colorado, or Iowa State. But they're in AQ-conferences. A school like Ohio U. (non-AQ conferences) that now has four straight bowl and winning seasons still has not drawn a single four star prospect during this stretch and has the majority of their incoming recruits being two stars.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
If you want the most realistic recruiting experience, then Heisman level is the way to go. I've been recruiting this way on NCAA 12 and NCAA 13 and am enjoying the challenge. I usually do a dynasty with one or two star programs and I don't have problems reeling in a solid class considering the circumstances.

As for other schools I'm currently in my 10th season (after going back to NCAA 12) with the Ohio Bobcats. Schools like Akron and most of the Michigan MAC teams have continued to struggle to gain any consistency while a few other schools have risen from the bottom to become a yearly challenger in the MAC. With EA naturally you'll have some random schools come up to be powerhouses (Nevada has been to the last two NC games, winning one). However, as one of these schools rise you'll have another school fall to mediocrity. Both Florida and Ohio State are usually "meh" 7-5 teams.

Now for smaller schools drawing four star prospects in real life, maybe schools like Duke, Minnesota, Colorado, or Iowa State. But they're in AQ-conferences. A school like Ohio U. (non-AQ conferences) that now has four straight bowl and winning seasons still has not drawn a single four star prospect during this stretch and has the majority of their incoming recruits being two stars.

I'll have to change my difficulty to Heisman when I get home. I currently have it set at All-American or Varsity.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhook27
i think sumtimes ea doenst know recruiting. because in real life smaller schools do get 4 star recruits but in the game when using a smaller school they make seem impossible.
There are threads devoted to recruiting strategies. In year one with the smallest schools in DI I can snag more than one 4 star on All-American recruiting difficulty. usually by year two or three I'm getting half a class full of four stars. Keep searching for recruits every week. Find the ones that aren't being recruited. Give them 60 minutes. Don't forget to fill needs with lower level recruits at the same time, or you can really have problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »