Home

Ever Noticed That WR's Beat The Jam On This Game So Easily? Here's Why...

This is a discussion on Ever Noticed That WR's Beat The Jam On This Game So Easily? Here's Why... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Ever Noticed That WR's Beat The Jam On This Game So Easily? Here's Why...

I noticed this as well recently.
Fortunately the whole time I have been using the editor I just allowed the editor to create a config for '13, so it pulls everything straight from the file.
I happened to try Xan's config for '12 and realized he had a few mislabeled fields.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Most of the time I see receivers beat the jam is because there is no contact between defender and receiver. The defender either steps inside/outside or blitzes. The receiver usually runs by him. I think the reason is the fact that the qb is always looking away from receiver until he releases the ball.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Glad to see all you guys still up and at it. As for me watching the last few bowl games of the season really opened my eyes to how flawed and unrealistic EA football games are. After watching Andy Murray and Johnny Manziel go off in their games there is no way I can go back and play NCAA and watch the horrid play of CPU QBs. It just hurts too bad lol. I finally got into XCOM-Enemy Unknown and I am completely addicted. It just feels good to play a game that I have total control over without spending hours, days and weeks editing just to get it to play the way it should.

I will most likely buy NCAA 14 but TBH we just have to hope EA can make significant strides in the gameplay department next gen. I serious doubt it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Guess I'll mess with Release and Press ratings and see what happens.
Don't know if you ever found your answer or not, but my first guess would definitely be the release rating. I may be going out on the limb here, but what about Elusiveness??? Think that has anything to do with it? I love press coverage with help over the top so I'd love to find a fix for this.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #13
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I finally got into XCOM-Enemy Unknown and I am completely addicted. It just feels good to play a game that I have total control over without spending hours, days and weeks editing just to get it to play the way it should.
I played the original X-Com and I'm loving the new version just as much. I haven't played NCAA 13 much since getting this game, as well. I still enjoy the football game, but it's nice to play a game that makes you think before you click.

In my dynasty, I almost never jam the WR. I recruit good Man2Man CB's and blitz like hell. They need to do something about the CPU AI on both sides of the ball, better CPU recruiting, and gameplay in general, but that would make too much sense. Easier to sell bells and whistles.

Last edited by VonRye; 01-29-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Don't know if you ever found your answer or not, but my first guess would definitely be the release rating. I may be going out on the limb here, but what about Elusiveness??? Think that has anything to do with it? I love press coverage with help over the top so I'd love to find a fix for this.

I actually did find a good fix that has limited the insane amount of times the WR beats the CB off the jam. I actually lowered both Press and Release and now it's more organic. It just falls in line with the rest of my edits...the lower the ratings the better the game plays.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
the lower the ratings the better the game plays.
This has been the case with all NCAA games this gen from reading past ratings threads over the years.

Speed, agility, jumping, strength and acceleration to name quite a few.

It's just a shame that when ratings are released each year for players in NCAA football these boards go crazy if their favorite players aren't rated high in speed, agility or acceleration.

Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Yea, I drop most of my ratings globally -20. Press/release I dropped -15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »