Home

Make the game fun again....

This is a discussion on Make the game fun again.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Make the game fun again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
I tried starting a new dynasty and the graphics and gameplay just turn me away from this game. I love college football but this game is terrible. I've tried everyone's slider set in the slider section and they still can't make this game enjoyable.

What are you guys doing to make it fun? Or have you guys just stopped playing?
I didn't touch NCAA for about two months but just recently got back in to it. I was always doing just a normal dynasty, picking a team, doing everything with them, etc., or did road to glory. However, I gave the coaching carousel thing a whirl and started off as an offensive coordinator at a one-star school (UTSA) and have had a lot of fun with that. I got a great set of Heisman sliders (also had never played Heisman before because I hated that speed seemed to go up 20 points for the AI on Heisman), all my games are within 1-2 touchdowns which is nice, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it, particularly keeping track of where coaches go in the off-season.

After three years as an OC at UTSA, I'm now the head coach at Vanderbilt in my second year. Two schools that I've never had any relation with but that is why I am now very invested in it. Getting out of my comfort zone and doing some different stuff that I haven't done before with the game.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Port NCAA 06 gameplay into NCAA 14 and you'd have a fun game again.

It's really that simple because ratings worked, sliders worked, good players stood out, specific team playbooks worked included the option and atmosphere was much better.

If ever a game needed to be ported into next gen gameplay it was NCAA 06.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

It's not fun when I can't run half my playbook because of the DB glitch and knowing my guy will be open down field 80% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know a lot of people are having a hard time keeping themselves occupied with this game, but I find doing a relegation style Dynasty to be very refreshing, especially if you start at a low school, and either just play coach mode or just play the "AD." It makes for interesting time as recruiting is usually harder if you have enough "tiers" in your Dynasty. Doing this has made me stay with a Dynasty for quite some time, now (I'm midway through the 2026 season). After my contract at MTSU (who is now #1 in the country and is in the SEC), I will be moving on to, hopefully, UTSA if they want me

Last edited by jhunt26; 01-10-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Dumb typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »