Home

All Equal Strength Conferences

This is a discussion on All Equal Strength Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Just started!

irishluck10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All Equal Strength Conferences

It seems like if you did this to the conferences too many of those anchor teams would go undefeated or be in contention for the NC game every year that the BCS would fail more than it already does. Thats why I prefer 4 or 5 big conferences that contain the powerhouse teams so that the truly better teams will beat real competition during the year and make the NC game more interesting.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
Rookie

freegigi90's Arena

OVR: 4

wow nice ideea , maybe try and do big 5 confereces to have 12 teams and a championship game , i always wondered what harm on long term dynasty has if i let independents and wac with 0 teams , is it possible first and second any bugs will happen ?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegigi90
wow nice ideea , maybe try and do big 5 confereces to have 12 teams and a championship game , i always wondered what harm on long term dynasty has if i let independents and wac with 0 teams , is it possible first and second any bugs will happen ?
You have to leave at least 4 teams in a conference and you have to have at least 1 as an Independent. Something interesting a lot of people don't realize is that you can put as many teams as an Independent as you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck10
It seems like if you did this to the conferences too many of those anchor teams would go undefeated or be in contention for the NC game every year that the BCS would fail more than it already does. Thats why I prefer 4 or 5 big conferences that contain the powerhouse teams so that the truly better teams will beat real competition during the year and make the NC game more interesting.
It makes that much more emphasis on going undefeated as well. I understand where you're coming from as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
Just started!

It seems like if you did this to the conferences too many of those anchor teams would go undefeated or be in contention for the NC game every year that the BCS would fail more than it already does.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontjoice
It seems like if you did this to the conferences too many of those anchor teams would go undefeated or be in contention for the NC game every year that the BCS would fail more than it already does.
Better then having 1-3 star prestige teams in the NC game though right?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 21

This idea reminds me of when my friend and I did a conference draft. Basically, every conference would take turns picking the best teams available (Alabama, Michigan, and Mizzou ended up in the Sun Belt for example). It basically lead to a world where each conference had one or two teams that dominated all of the other teams, and made it so there were a lot more unbeatens being left out of title games, and things of that nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Remember, there is still a limit of 32 independents. Not sure why anyone would want that many indy teams though.

EDIT: Assuming NCAA14 does not allow you to resurrect the WAC, that leaves 92 non-independents in 10 conferences. Since the no CCG glitch will likely not be fixed, at least one conference must have 8 or fewer members if you have the maximum number of independents.

Last edited by bwburke94; 01-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »