Home

I knew this game's ranking system was crazy but....

This is a discussion on I knew this game's ranking system was crazy but.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
That is pretty messed up. I felt a bit screwed at the end of our season. I was #1 in the media and BCS, while another user was #1 in coaches (we were of course both #2 in the polls that we weren't #1). We were the only two undefeated teams and played in the national championship. I destroyed everyone throughout the regular season, but ended up losing to him in a close game and dropped to #6 in the polls behind teams that lost multiple games. I know this isn't that bad, but it makes no sense to drop me past #2 in the polls after losing my only game in the NC in a closely contested game. I probably would have won too if my receivers didn't have 11 drops in the game...
I don't get why you're upset about this.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: I knew this game's ranking system was crazy but....

Their computers are just as jacked as the real ones
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I don't get why you're upset about this.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
Im not really that upset about it and I could see something similar happen in real life it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The final ranking really doesn't matter at that point either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
The Duke

uQuickSix's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, I just went into the National Championship game as #2 Cal against #1 Bama.. Won the game 21-11 and after the game and subsequent week, was recognized as the National Champ but was still number 2 in the polls :-S
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermakernet08
I'm playing a dynasty as Alabama going into the SEC championship game ranked #2 in the BCS with a record of 11-1, my only loss being to LSU. Arkansas is ranked #1 in the BCS with a record of 10-2, with one of their losses from me. Additionally, TCU is ranked #3 in the BCS with a 10-2 record. In the SEC champsionship game I play against, and beat, #13 Georgia 27-26 on a last second field goal.

So I'm thinking to myself "Awesome!! I'm going to be playing Arkansas for the BCS title!!!" WRONG. Somehow, after winning the SEC champtionship game I get leapfrogged by TCU in the BCS standings. So now I get the pleasure of playing #9 Arkansas State in the Sugar Bowl (10-2 record, their only big win was Oregon the first game of the season).

I know this game isn't perfect but I just wanted to add another story of how this ranking system is totally broke as a joke.

Thanks for reading.

/rant
I think the most likely explanation was that the "voters" didn't want another SEC vs. SEC matchup in the mNC. Since your win against Georgia was less than impressive, it makes sense that you might be leapfrogged.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
In my offline dynasty I was playing with TCU and we were ranked #25.. I scheduled my first game against #1 Alabama. We beat them 21-10... So next week I was expecting to be ranked around 10-12.. But I advanced to the next week and I was unranked.. Doesn't make any sense to me?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Made it to the national championship as #2 team at 12-1. Beat the undefeated #1 team but I still finished 2nd in the polls...chew on that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Made it to the national championship as #2 team at 12-1. Beat the undefeated #1 team but I still finished 2nd in the polls...chew on that
That's just a bug (as opposed to stupid poll logic). Sometimes (roughly 15ish % of the time in my experience) the final polls simply don't update after bowl season.

In your example, not only did you finish #2, but the #1 team (who just lost) finished #1, #3 (win or loss) finished #3, #21 (win or loss) finished #21, etc.

Despite this bug, you still won the National Championship, even though the bugged polls showed you as #2. This is easily verifiable in the coach's stats screens.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 01-20-2013 at 11:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »