Home

NCAA '14 expectations?

This is a discussion on NCAA '14 expectations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
NCAA '14 expectations?

So I got curious and realized that for EA typically begins releasing info around early March (I think I saw that they even released a trailer around that time), so we aren't much further than a month away from getting info. What are everyone's expectations as to what EA will include in the game? If they meet those expectations, would be it enough for you to buy the game?

For me, I expect the following:

Physics 2.0 -- Updated tackling physics. All new ball physics and Line-play physics. DB/WR interaction goes untouched.

Coaching Carousel 2.0 -- Updates logic, hiring and firing of assistant coaches and new coach ratings.

Gameplay -- Playcallng AI is revamped (was biggest complain last year for most) and some new gameplay gimmick (something like a control stick for the ground game would be great). Special teams will get looked at as being fixed but it won't be.

Dynasty -- Recruiting remains similar, with new coach ratings playing some kind of role. Coaching schemes will play a bigger role on games and sim engine. No weekly college game day show and no playoff mode (probably will just wait for next gen for both, considering the memory they would take up).

Presentation -- More of the same with mascots, pre-game rituals, etc. Post game will get a little bit of love, and so will the in game updates. Commentary will be "enanced" but not revamped. More overlays.

RTG -- Will probably move to a more standard progression that other games use. If dynasty doesn't receive the big boost I hope it will, than RTG probably will. I also expect us to finally get custom quarter length.

Considering the updates other games have gotten this year, and the fact that no one played Heisman Mode, I expect EA to focus

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA '14 expectations?

I would kill for a playoff, but I know EA wont give us this until 15
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

GAMEPLAY: Infinity engine included with a few tweaks. Most glitches (DB glitch, etc.) fixed. A few new ones added, but nothing game-breaking... we hope.

DYNASTY: Mostly similar with a few menu upgrades. Playoff possible but unlikely. Recruiting stays the same as 13. Coaching carousel gets a few tweaks to allow head coaches to leave for a better job. Since ODU plays more than five FCSes, they replace FCS opponents on a few C-USA or Sun Belt teams' schedules.

RTG: Don't care.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Do you think they would implement the new physics 2.0 in the NCAA series before madden? Kind of weird they didn't implement into NCAA 13 but did it for madden.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

NCAA 14 better have physics 2.0 or I don't think I will buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Do you think they would implement the new physics 2.0 in the NCAA series before madden? Kind of weird they didn't implement into NCAA 13 but did it for madden.
EA would have a hard time pitching another year of being behind Madden. Don't see it happening.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love to see coach ratings that affect recruiting, development, Gameday playing. For instance, Case Keenum is an average talented QB, but Sumlin is a great coach with a great system and he threw for 5000 yards and 48 TDs. Coaches mean nothing except the ability to pitch that to recruits.

They need to fix pass coverage in NCAA 14. Not many teams play press coverage all game, but if you back off the WRs your safeties go 20 yards deep. Obviously physics would help gameplay. Also the ability to design custom plays would be cool like madden on old gen consoles, but more complex.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
EA would have a hard time pitching another year of being behind Madden. Don't see it happening.
I hope your right but I can see them getting last year edition and saying that there wasn't enough space or some crazy excuse for not getting the newest edition in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »