Home

Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developement?

This is a discussion on Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developement? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developement?
Yes to both 23 41.07%
Yes to rating players by scheme, No to player development 20 35.71%
Yes to player development, No to rating players by scheme 4 7.14%
No to both 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developem

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what is the point of having the overall rating change depending on scheme? Do the individual ratings change? Isn't it just an aesthetic thing? Who cares what the numbers in the menus say when it doesn't change how they play on the field. Maybe I don't fully understand how this works...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exogenesis33
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what is the point of having the overall rating change depending on scheme? Do the individual ratings change? Isn't it just an aesthetic thing? Who cares what the numbers in the menus say when it doesn't change how they play on the field. Maybe I don't fully understand how this works...
For the user it just makes it easier to see who is better for your system (see my example above a few posts).

For the CPU it allows them to target the correct players for their system and more importantly to set their depth chart more appropriately. They will put a 60 spd QB ahead of a 90 spd QB in an option setup if that 60 spd is 1 point higher on the overall even though he is truly a horrible man for that position.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »