Home

Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

This is a discussion on Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

Yes, this does happen. Some people refuse to believe it, no matter what the evidence. They tell you it's the sliders or you're not a good player, etc.

But there are some games in which the CPU decides you should lose, no matter how obvious or even comically absurd it becomes.

It will cause you to fumble an inordinate amount.
It will cause your 99-rated QB to repeatedly miss WIDE OPEN WRs with no pressure on you at all.
It will cause the CPU QB to break multiple blind-side sack attempts, only to complete a blind 30 yard throw.
It will cause the CPU RB to become Earl Campbell, when he's 170 lbs and his break tackle rating is in the low 70s.

The people that refuse to admit it happens are delusional denialists. It happens, it's infuriating, and it's not going away.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is why it is impossible to make sports games. Because everyone cries about how they want a "realistic" game, but when they lose a game they think they should win they say it's the computer cheating. Weird fumbles, good quarterbacks missing receivers, it all happens in real life too and I have never once seen the players in the press conference afterwards complain about cheating. I am not saying this game is perfect, but it is a lot better than people give it credit for. We unfortunately live in a society where everyone is a winner and everyone gets a trophy so no one knows how to accept losing anymore.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
This is why it is impossible to make sports games. Because everyone cries about how they want a "realistic" game, but when they lose a game they think they should win they say it's the computer cheating. Weird fumbles, good quarterbacks missing receivers, it all happens in real life too and I have never once seen the players in the press conference afterwards complain about cheating. I am not saying this game is perfect, but it is a lot better than people give it credit for. We unfortunately live in a society where everyone is a winner and everyone gets a trophy so no one knows how to accept losing anymore.
If I had the capability to like this post multiple times I would.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
Just look at tonight's Super Bowl. If I was the user for the Ravens, I would have said the CPU is cheating after the lights went out. LOL good post.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Rookie

PSUFreak083's Arena

OVR: 3

I was playing as Penn State vs Nebraska in my dynasty, and at the end of the first half Taylor Martinez was 10 for 10 with 4 touchdowns. You can not tell me that I was not already programmed to lose.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11
Biggest issue I have, about this, is when the game decides to take your impact hb to 'even' the odds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Yes, this does happen. Some people refuse to believe it, no matter what the evidence. They tell you it's the sliders or you're not a good player, etc.

But there are some games in which the CPU decides you should lose, no matter how obvious or even comically absurd it becomes.

It will cause you to fumble an inordinate amount.
It will cause your 99-rated QB to repeatedly miss WIDE OPEN WRs with no pressure on you at all.
It will cause the CPU QB to break multiple blind-side sack attempts, only to complete a blind 30 yard throw.
It will cause the CPU RB to become Earl Campbell, when he's 170 lbs and his break tackle rating is in the low 70s.

The people that refuse to admit it happens are delusional denialists. It happens, it's infuriating, and it's not going away.
When you are on the road, hit L1 (on the PS3) and change some of your settings to conservative. Then see my previous tips. Trying to run a wide open offense in the first quarter on the road in a tough place to play is asking for trouble. Similarly, setting some of your defensive settings to conservative can often slow down the CPU offense. Play with them and learn them, because there are times to become aggressive also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Rookie

I am playing in a five user Dynasty with USF. We are in Year 3 at All American and I have yet to lose to the CPU despite playing two or three Top 25 teams every year OOC. A couple of close calls, but no losses. Patience and take what the defense gives you. Just like real football.

When I first started playing, I lost to the CPU with some regularity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »