Home

Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

This is a discussion on Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
You have to understand that video games are meant to be a separate world than real life. NCAA football does not recognize Martinez or Manziel or any player, it recognizes programmed ratings. The reason these games are made is for people to get the chance to run teams the way they want. I will never understand why people want video games to play out exactly like real life because it completely defeats the purpose.
Because then you get games like mine where for some strange reason every time your RB touches the ball he fumbles and your 90+ QB throws 6 or 7 INT's in the same game even if the WR is wide open. If you don;t want something that is supposed to have some kind of realizim you play something like blitz the league or NBA Jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

i resemble that remark, i play as FIU!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBull
Honestly, I just think you haven't played the game enough and developed variation in your styles to compensate for what your opponent is doing. The different CPU teams have different styles and run different formations. What works great against one team will get you killed vs another.

However if you have Home Field Advantage turned on, the game does become significantly more difficult if you are on the road especially if you have a young QB. The thing to do is play conservative, using runs, draws and a short passing game until you can put together some momentum.
In all Honestty you have no idea how much I have played the game. I have rented this game quite a few times for weeks at a time. This is also the first Title I have not bought because of last years horrid title and this one is not far off from it only slightly better. I am not stupid I know how home field advantage works and know how to turn on and turn off conservative mode and how to build momentum. So far in my four seasons I have only lost one game and that was the Texas game which by the way nullifies your how field advantage theroy because its played on a neutral site there was no home field advantage. In no other game have I come even remotly close to to anything from that game. Just because I feel like The A.I cheats on occasion dose not mean I know nothithing about this game or how to play it.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #28
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
I have played 4 season's and the only lose has come from that game against texas and have won 3 national titles and came close to getting in the national title game even during that season even with the 1 defete. My problme was not lossing the game I could have cared less about that it was how it happend. 6 or 7 int's in one game where I usualy throw one or maybe two and at the most three during any other game I have played in 4 season's. On top of that my RB fumbled almost every time he touched the ball where He has since not lost even one. I just find it odd that even in a video game something like that would happen. I don;t call that even close to being relistic. Its not like I was a fcs team playing with the big boys or something. Also it was not players shaken up being on the road because thats a so called neutral sight. Like I said Its not something where I can;t take a lose if I lose out right I lose no big deal its a game but I don;t want to wast money on a game where the A.I desides who's going to win or lose like that I at least want a fighting chance.
Quote:
Because then you get games like mine where for some strange reason every time your RB touches the ball he fumbles and your 90+ QB throws 6 or 7 INT's in the same game even if the WR is wide open. If you don;t want something that is supposed to have some kind of realizim you play something like blitz the league or NBA Jam.
Quote:
In all Honestty you have no idea how much I have played the game. I have rented this game quite a few times for weeks at a time. This is also the first Title I have not bought because of last years horrid title and this one is not far off from it only slightly better. I am not stupid I know how home field advantage works and know how to turn on and turn off conservative mode and how to build momentum. So far in my four seasons I have only lost one game and that was the Texas game which by the way nullifies your how field advantage theroy because its played on a neutral site there was no home field advantage. In no other game have I come even remotly close to to anything from that game. Just because I feel like The A.I cheats on occasion dose not mean I know nothithing about this game or how to play it.
You talk about realism, yet you have only lost 1 game in 4 seasons. That's no more realistic than your QB and HB having really bad games. Even Alabama with their recent dominance didn't do that. I can't imagine losing 1 game out of 50 and then complaining about that 1 loss.....

You said you play the game a ton so I'm sure you know this, but when your QB is cold (dark blue), which yours most definitively was with that many INTs, you need to take him out of the game because cold players are rattled and more likely to suck. If your HB was seriously fumbling every time, then he needed to get yoked too.

Neutral site games aren't neutral in EA's world. The "home" team gets all the advantages of playing at home (pumping up the crowd on O, quieting the crowd on D, rattling the other team's QB, etc).

I've played over 100 games in my Michigan offline and over 100 games in my SMU OD and I've never had a game like you described (I've had 1 QB in 200+ games throw 5 INTs and a few throw 4 and I've had 1 HB with 2 fumbles and 1 HB with 3 fumbles in 200+ games) yet I still have double digit losses in both dynasties. Maybe you should try Heisman instead of All American (ive played AA on every release of on NCAA before this one, but Heisman plays very well on '13). On the other hand, if you can't take losing once every four years then you should just play on Freshman instead.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 02-08-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You talk about realism, yet you have only lost 1 game in 4 seasons. That's no more realistic than your QB and HB having really bad games. Even Alabama with their recent dominance didn't do that. I can't imagine losing 1 game out of 50 and then complaining about that 1 loss.....

You said you play the game a ton so I'm sure you know this, but when your QB is cold (dark blue), which yours most definitively was with that many INTs, you need to take him out of the game because cold players are rattled and more likely to suck. If your HB was seriously fumbling every time, then he needed to get yoked too.

Neutral site games aren't neutral in EA's world. The "home" team gets all the advantages of playing at home (pumping up the crowd on O, quieting the crowd on D, rattling the other team's QB, etc).

I've played over 100 games in my Michigan offline and over 100 games in my SMU OD and I've never had a game like you described (I've had 1 QB in 200+ games throw 5 INTs and a few throw 4 and I've had 1 HB with 2 fumbles and 1 HB with 3 fumbles in 200+ games) yet I still have double digit losses in both dynasties. Maybe you should try Heisman instead of All American (ive played AA on every release of on NCAA before this one, but Heisman plays very well on '13). On the other hand, if you can't take losing once every four years then you should just play on Freshman instead.
I want the chance to win or lose for my self not having the A.I deside for me. I am talking about fair play. If I get beat thats fine but they have to beat me fair and square. Alot of my wins come down to the wire and if I lose those I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is how the computer desides its going to win no matter what. My Qb threw 7 INT's even when the WR was wide open streaking the field. and my RB Fumbled six times in a row and since i am the oc it can sim what it wants. Also both my QB and HB were not on cold streaks of anykind and I had only thrown three INT's up to that point and that was week 7 and those were my first fumbles of anykind.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 02-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I want the chance to win or lose for my self not having the A.I deside for me. I am talking about fair play. If I get beat thats fine but they have to beat me fair and square. Alot of my wins come down to the wire and if I lose those I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is how the computer desides its going to win no matter what. My Qb threw 7 INT's even when the WR was wide open streaking the field. and my RB Fumbled six times in a row and since i am the oc it can sim what it wants. Also both my QB and HB were not on cold streaks of anykind and I had only thrown three INT's up to that point and that was week 7 and those were my first fumbles of anykind.
You quoted Jello1717's post but did you read the post you quoted?

My thoughts: Games like that do happen in real life. However, I would like to believe the coach after the QB throws his 3rd or 4th interception benches the QB. Also, with the HB, I would like to believe after the second fumble, the HB gets benched as well.

I have watched my qb throw 10-15 yards off target when he is cold. The circle under him is blue. I have also watched my HB fumble more when the circle under his is blue as well. Also are you taking into account certain attributes for QBs(THA and AWR), and HB(CAR and AWR). I know people on here say that AWR does not matter but I have seen QBs with lower AWR and high THA throw poorly, and HB with high CAR and low AWR fumble more.

If you are that worried about excessive fumbling turn the gameplan for that, second one from bottom on offense gameplan, to conservative.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #31
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
If your QB threw 7 INTs and your HB fumbled 6 times in a row, there is nearly a 100% chance that they were both cold. I guarantee that. Since you assured us all that you are very familiar with NCAA I figured that you understood a very basic game mechanic that has been in the series for quite a while. However, you telling me that your guys aren't on any kind of a cold streak because they've played well up until week 7 tells me that you aren't.

So, here's how it works. During a game (this only applies to what's going on in the particular game that you're currently playing) players can get hot or cold. You can see their status at the LOS, waiting for the ball to be snapped , by holding the RT and pulling the RS down. This shows circle indicators underneath all of your players. The colors mean the following (more or less):
  • Flashing Red - On fire
  • Red - Hot
  • Yellow - Warm
  • Grey - Neutral
  • Light Blue - Cool
  • Dark Blue - Cold

Everyone starts neutral. If a player makes big plays (especially user controlled players) they move up the color chart. If someone that's on fire makes a big play (usually a TD) then his hotness rubs off on the team and everyone else on the field with him has their color move up 1 color on the chart. Conversely, if players make bad plays (especially turnovers) then they move down the chart. (Here's the important part) If a player is cool, and especially if he's cold (dark blue) he's much more likely to play poorly. This can lead to serious snow ball effects when a QB throws a pick -> turns cool -> throws another pick -> turns cold. Then, because he's cold, he's much more likely to keep throwing picks and then they can add up.

This means that you need to be extremely careful when a QB has thrown a couple of picks. You need to bench him, or at the very least, throw very short, safe passes as you try to get him back to neutral. If he's a scrambler, call designed runs for him to try to get him back to neutral. If you keep a cold QB (which yours mostly likely was after only 2 or 3 INTs) or a cold HB (which yours absolutely was after 2 or 3 fumbles in a row) in the game, then you're begging for more and more turnovers.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3

In my opinion, he is lying. I have played the game religiously on Heisman since it came out and this has never happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »