Home

Please.....get rid of it....

This is a discussion on Please.....get rid of it.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
Darth_Dorn

OVR:
Please.....get rid of it....

Two straight games, and they're both huge games, and I was plagued by a certain occurance that happened in crucial situations.

The fumble that goes 20 yards backwards. My quarterback was about to throw the ball, but when his hand (and the ball) was at the lowest point of his throwing motion, he gets hit. The ball then proceeds to rocket backwards 20 or 30 yards. Once this happens, we have a race going on between one of my offensive linemen and their linebacker. I recovered once simply because the LB's dive didn't work, but mine did.

But seriously, this thing has got to be fixed. I don't have a problem if the fumble went a few yards back or just dropped straight down, but going back 20 yards? Never would happen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #2
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Please.....get rid of it....

I have actually never seen this in about 80 games. I'm not saying it's a problem, but I've never seen it.

I have more of a problem with the inconsistency with fumbles being called when you're throwing a pass (arm going forward). Especially so since it seems like I get screwed by the call most of the time.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

National Championship- I'm playing with Washington State and i'm playing against Oklahoma. They take a 27-14 lead into the 4th. I comeback and tie the game with 20 seconds left. Oklahoma gets it at the 30 yard line and tries a deep post pattern. I get to the QB and he fumbles it....30 yards back. Safety. Game Over. It felt like a real cheap win.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
Animals as L e a d e r s

Cataschism's Arena

OVR: 11

I have actually had a fumble rocket back 20 yds when a RB got hit! It looked ridiculus.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:27 PM   #5
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I have seen this happen a few times...

But only in Madden.

Its not common.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2003, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

I just had an awesome one playing as Purdue - against Ohio State. I was up 10 in the third quarter and driving and hit Ray Williams for about 6 yards to the Ohio State 10. Naturally he fumbles and the ball started moving. They had five guys try to jump on it and sent it into the endzone - which left me (Tyler Stubblefield) versus Dustin Fox for the loose ball in the endzone. He had the better angle and executed a nice dive - touchback Ohio State.

Then - believe it or not - I did a nickel blitz on the next play....Sack....fumble...fumble recovery for a Purdue touchdown.

I ended up winning 23-13 over previously unbeaten Ohio State - clinching the Big Ten title and a probable berth in the Rose Bowl....

I love the turnovers in this game. They go both ways, and are very challenging. I have had late game fumbles and INTs work both for and against me. And, I have had games where I cause 7 turnovers and games where I turn the ball over 7 times. Even though the turnovers can be extreme, it's the balance that makes them an enjoyable part of the game...
Old 11-16-2003, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm near 150 games played(might be over, not sure) and I don't remember ever seeing the fumble rocket back 20 yards. I'm not saying that you guys are lying, but if I've played 150 games and can't remember it, it must not be too big of a problem.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:00 PM   #8
Darth_Dorn

OVR:

I remember seeing a couple mentionings of it before, but never saw it happen myself. Then BOOM, it happens, in two straight games. It sucks big time, especially when you lose the ball. But even when you don't, you're looking at a 2nd or 3rd and 30, at the least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »