Home

Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to

This is a discussion on Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Your logic, as I'm understanding it, is flawed. It sounds like you're saying that since there are 2,710 recruits (EA has no variance in this as it's 2,710 every year) and 123 teams, then every team has to get 22 recruits on average so that all 2,710 guys go somewhere. That doesn't make sense as obviously not every high school recruit is going to make a team. Some guys just don't get signed. That's the way it was in EA's games prior to '12 and the way it should be now.
Agree. It's a glitch that only started happening this year. It has nothing to do with numbers. I've used restrictions for myself for years. This is the first time this has happened in the NCAA series
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2
Yeah, it's a glitch and quite irritating really. A really dumb thing on EA's part.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Your logic, as I'm understanding it, is flawed. It sounds like you're saying that since there are 2,710 recruits (EA has no variance in this as it's 2,710 every year) and 123 teams, then every team has to get 22 recruits on average so that all 2,710 guys go somewhere. That doesn't make sense as obviously not every high school recruit is going to make a team. Some guys just don't get signed. That's the way it was in EA's games prior to '12 and the way it should be now.
I agree the logic that i previously mentioned is probably flawed but the only way I can see to avoid the issue is to make sure you signed/receive transfers = to the max 25. That's why the restriction i placed, concerning who i recruit, makes it easier to handle and more enjoyable. With the restriction i have been forced to sign and keep recruits as low as 42 overall and so poorly skilled at their position. Before you ask, the recruit should have been RS his freshman year but has played due to injuries.

So what about the recruits that are not actively recruited or even on your board that your school moves up on their list, i see some of the recruits, probably up to 10 a year that under the restriction i use that i would be allowed to go after. I only go after 2-3 though, sign probably 1. I only get to go after new recruits if one gets signed by a different school. My point is that is it possible that those recruits that move up like that are the ones that get signed. Since i have not seen it in 13 i can't test it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by bcduggan; 02-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to

Quote:
If recruiting were more realistic you would not have 4 star players going unsigned by any team at all. This happens since the CPU very often does not fight against you as hard as it should for a player you put on your board. The fact that some 3 star players do not get singed can be accounted for by the fact that game rosters are 15 players lower than real rosters. Some of these 3 star players can be thought of being signed and being buried in the last 15 spots on the roster.

I estimate that when you play a solo dynasty the average recruiting class is about 18 recruits.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 3

The glitch is very real. I believe that the recruits added to your board are only those who were at some point on your board but were never signed by another team. It should not be caused by signing less than 25 recruits but you can mitigate its impact by doing the following. After I sign the number of players I need I will remove all other players from my board. I will then add and offer scholarships to the least talented 1 star recruits available. I will do this to make my total scholarships accepted number reach 25. This will prevent the CPU from adding unwanted recruits to my team at the end of recruiting season. I will later cut all of these 1 star players. I learned of this work around in a post made on this board made by another person.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is definitely not a new glitch, as in last year's game it happened all the time. I have not experienced it in my current dynasty this year, however. Somebody having problems can try what I did, to see if it changes the comp signing random recruits for you.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey d
This is definitely not a new glitch, as in last year's game it happened all the time. I have not experienced it in my current dynasty this year, however. Somebody having problems can try what I did, to see if it changes the comp signing random recruits for you.
If all you did was to turn off CPU assists, then no, it doesn't work as my video shows.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »