Home

I want THIS in an NCAA game again.

This is a discussion on I want THIS in an NCAA game again. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation I want THIS in an NCAA game again.

I want bigger hits in the game. Does anyone else remember back on the ps2 when players helmets popped off? Those were the good games back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHCY-qS17Mo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I want THIS in an NCAA game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND fan 84
I want bigger hits in the game. Does anyone else remember back on the ps2 when players helmets popped off? Those were the good games back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHCY-qS17Mo
No thanks! EA would overdo it. The best games I had were after I dropped hit power for everyone. CB were all dropped to 1 for HP. It was great they made leg tackles instead of trying to kill the guy every time.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it would be cool because then they could implement in the game the rule about sitting out 1 play if your helmet comes off.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I think it would be cool because then they could implement in the game the rule about sitting out 1 play if your helmet comes off.
There are way more important things that need work. I would rather them work only on different dread hairdos and not fix anything else before I want them to put something like this in. Priorities.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't know if they have to incorporate it into big hits, but it would be nice if a helmet came off now and then and one of your players had to sit a play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The NCAA most likely would not allow EA to advertise something that the NFL and NCAA are trying to eliminate from the game.

As another said, EA would overdo it. I'm sick of WWE style tackles and other ridiculous crap in these games. Big hits should feel natural, and EA simply had not been able to do that. I swear if the spear/gore animation makes it back into the game I will riot. #hyperbole alert
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I remember. It was cool the first few times, and "Meh" for the next 200,000 times. As video games often do, it was overdone and we quickly became desensitized to it....thus defeating the purpose of the "holy cow" moment that it is intended to be.

If it were a rare occurance, it would be different. But EA typically doens't operate that way. If they put it in there, they are going to market it. They want you make sure you to see it when you play the demo or watch preview sample games on Youtube. To be sure this happens, the freqency has to be jacked up.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Big hits definitely would happen way too much. I remember just in '12 when the computer gained momentum it would be a big hit every time and it was very annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »