Home

A Scouting Alternative--Finding the Field

This is a discussion on A Scouting Alternative--Finding the Field within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the Idea?
Top Priority. 1 7.69%
Would Like but would prefer other stuff. 8 61.54%
Wouldn't use much if at all. 3 23.08%
Gamechanger. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
A Scouting Alternative--Finding the Field

For NCAA scouting, what do you think of a method where you could choose to either scout a specific player (ie watching film in office) or tell your scout to go to a specific area to scout and instead of finding out a lot about one prospect, you find smaller, less accurate bits about multiple prospects. It would be like saying to your scout "I want you to attend the games that have the most D1 prospects playing in the Dallas area and find me some guys that you like as players". This would allow you to find a field of potential players you could try to recruit and work even better if you had a Junior Class of high schoolers. It would allow multiple prospects per school.

Another layer could be hiring your scouts and their accuracy and ability to find players is better but they are more expensive or even assigning your D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator and even position coaches to specific regions.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Re: A Scouting Alternative--Finding the Field

they had stats for highschool players on last gen. if they could bring that back and incorporate it with the current system and instead of the higher/underated system they could use the stats for that. you have a guy thats listed as a 68 overall recruit but rushed for 2000 yards and 30 tds his senior year. you sign him for the production not his numbers and he comes in as a 74 or something. better than the random bust gem which is really just a higher or lower rated system. i sign 4 star busts all the time and they come in better than 3 stars.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

Re: A Scouting Alternative--Finding the Field

how about a mix of madden and ncaa where at first you have 40 times, bench, squat & gpa but you won't have any numerical values until you scout certain ratings. so preseason i have a set amount of time, i go in and see a RB with a nice 40 and good size. i scout only the ratings i want to know about him, first being a letter grade then a numberical one. time or XP should be the currency depending on if they go the ccm route. spending an hour currently is too random. you choose whether to scout the RBs in the near area or scout the entire country at a risk of not having the time to scout other positions. if you only have 1 need for the year maybe you spend more time on one position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »