Home

NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and...

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and...

I'm totally hooked. Now I understand everybody has their favorite version, and that NCAA 13 is probably NOT the best one yet but there's just something about the actual gameplay that I love compared to Madden. Along with the recruiting each year, this game is perfect. If Madden would do a better job of implementing training or leveling up of players over time I would appreciate that, but for now NCAA has my heart. Can't wait for '14.

What feature(s) is everybody looking forward to as EA has its last hurrah on this generation of console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Hold on to that joy.

There are enough disgruntled perfectionists on here that if you're not careful, you'll become one.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
Hold on to that joy.

There are enough disgruntled perfectionists on here that if you're not careful, you'll become one.

you are 100% correct
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemusclyde9
I'm totally hooked. Now I understand everybody has their favorite version, and that NCAA 13 is probably NOT the best one yet but there's just something about the actual gameplay that I love compared to Madden. Along with the recruiting each year, this game is perfect. If Madden would do a better job of implementing training or leveling up of players over time I would appreciate that, but for now NCAA has my heart. Can't wait for '14.
Is that you Ben??
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I like a lot of things about this game but the DB glitch on a deep route makes it really hard to enjoy the game at times.

Hope its fixed in 2014.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey, I don't want to do this but you asked for it.

Your argument is terrible. This game in not, quote unquote perfect. This guy has so many flaws it not even funny. Here are just some

1. Line Interaction- The linemen look ********. The play is so scripted. Also, if a lineman is not covering anyone, he just stands there with his hands in front on him. He doesn't even stand in front of the QB looking for any blitzing Defenders. He just stand there with his arms out, until he is sucked into an animation when the player is a certain distance away. Sometimes that doesn't happen and the QB is easily sacked. This is starting to ruin this game for me.

2. Boring presentation- Studio updates need to actually include highlights as well as they do in real life. I want to be able to at least see clips from otehr games. Maybe even a gameday feature in which we see a few scenes from Gmeday. This takes me into my next point.

3. Non-immersive dynasty- I am not compelled by dynasty. Most of what I do is repeating button clicks over and over again on recruiting,. playing a game a year, getting to the bowls, and rinse and repeat. Coaching carousel is not very good. There are logic issues, and really its average at best. Its not even that interesting. Like Really, mid major head coaches not getting offers to upper class teams except Dook? Really?

4. Recruiting is mediocre- Ok so I have to preface this saying that this is not a complete attack on recruiting. Recruiting is okay, but at this point its just pointless buttons mashing. Thats all. The same thinge very week until yur guy commits. Boring as all hell.

And the most glaring flaw by far...

5. DEFENSIVE PASS COVERAGE- You all know its true. The Pass D by Ai, especially on the user team is terrible. Especially on Deep Passes. This is almost certainly a glitch, and it goes to show how badly EA messed up the fundamentals of football.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan

Your argument is terrible. This game in not, quote unquote perfect. This guy has so many flaws it not even funny. Here are just some

1. Line Interaction- The linemen look ********. The play is so scripted. Also, if a lineman is not covering anyone, he just stands there with his hands in front on him. He doesn't even stand in front of the QB looking for any blitzing Defenders. He just stand there with his arms out, until he is sucked into an animation when the player is a certain distance away. Sometimes that doesn't happen and the QB is easily sacked. This is starting to ruin this game for me.

2. Boring presentation- Studio updates need to actually include highlights as well as they do in real life. I want to be able to at least see clips from otehr games. Maybe even a gameday feature in which we see a few scenes from Gmeday. This takes me into my next point.

3. Non-immersive dynasty- I am not compelled by dynasty. Most of what I do is repeating button clicks over and over again on recruiting,. playing a game a year, getting to the bowls, and rinse and repeat. Coaching carousel is not very good. There are logic issues, and really its average at best. Its not even that interesting. Like Really, mid major head coaches not getting offers to upper class teams except Dook? Really?

4. Recruiting is mediocre- Ok so I have to preface this saying that this is not a complete attack on recruiting. Recruiting is okay, but at this point its just pointless buttons mashing. Thats all. The same thinge very week until yur guy commits. Boring as all hell.

And the most glaring flaw by far...

5. DEFENSIVE PASS COVERAGE- You all know its true. The Pass D by Ai, especially on the user team is terrible. Especially on Deep Passes. This is almost certainly a glitch, and it goes to show how badly EA messed up the fundamentals of football.
Was posting this twice really necessary? Heck, just posting it once is already beating a dead horse.

The OP is just saying how much he enjoys the game. Maybe the "flaws" you listed bother you but that doesn't mean they bother him. The game might not be perfect but tons of people, myself included, have a blast with it and enjoy it for what it is. Jeez.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan

Your argument is terrible. This game in not, quote unquote perfect.
Always gotta be somebody to piss in a happy person's cornflakes. Just because he has a different opinion than you he "asked for it"? I happen to agree with the majority of the rest of your post but geez get over yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »