Home

further reason for FCS teams to be added

This is a discussion on further reason for FCS teams to be added within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
further reason for FCS teams to be added

As some of you may know, I am a strong advocate of the addition of FCS teams back into NCAA football (A "New feature" as far as EA is concerned)

Anyway, While it is not yet 'official' many 'in the loop' followers of FCS football have stated that Georgia Southern, and Appalachian State will be moving into the SunBelt conference for the 2015 season ( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...n-sun-belt.ap/ ) These two schools, as the article states, are really some of the prized possessions of the FCS. People in the general NCAA football community can identify these two teams fairly easily, and in my opinion, these programs could be compared to teams such as Alabama, or Notre Dame, of the FCS level (Again, my opinion).
This is a major move for the NCAA, the FCS is possibly losing SOME of its identity, by shipping off two powerhouses. As opposed to last year, when several relative unknowns were brought up into the ranks of the FBS, in UMASS, UTSA, Texas State, and South Alabama (though not represented in this years game, as I'm sure you know).

Who knows who is next to move up in the ever-changing NCAA football world, but at this point in time in particular, FCS teams would seem to be a necessary addition to this game. With the coach carousel having several years of tuning, and conference realignment in full swing, I feel that we are in prime position to be reintroduced to the FCS squads that we love to beat up in our early season matchups, or build into national powerhouses under our own watch.

thoughts?

Last edited by grabursock55; 03-26-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: further reason for FCS teams to be added

you forgot to add that the FCS teams get their own conferences and schedules to co-exist each season in NCAA Football game. and also the ability to move as many as we please around and delete and add new conferences as we please.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk_wess
you forgot to add that the FCS teams get their own conferences and schedules to co-exist each season in NCAA Football game. and also the ability to move as many as we please around and delete and add new conferences as we please.
This would be the ideal set up in an NCAA football game, with the possibility of playing the FCS playoffs. I agree with you there. Every dynasty would be different with FCS teams.... For example, Maine might become a notional powerhouse in my dynasty, and move into the FBS ranks. While in your dynasty, South Dakota State turns into a huge program, but decides to stay in the FCS to continue their reign of terror on the rest of the FCS. All of this occuring at the same time as the FBS season.

A similar, (simpler) idea of coexisting FBS and FCS seasons was implemented in an older ncaa game, NCAA 2000. So I believe they should be able to implement this again.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Never, I repeat, NEVER put your trust into EA Sports. All they care about is money and they will always let you down.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomguy123
Never, I repeat, NEVER put your trust into EA Sports. All they care about is money and they will always let you down.
I dont think thats entirely true. Lately they have been lacking, but I believe there was a time when they genuinely listened to us. But ehhh, IDK about recently.

Anyway, I 'm not buying the game if they dont have Playoffs OR FCS teams... I feel I wouldnt be missing out if they didnt have either of those things...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

If FIFA whose made by EA can add a Saudi Arabia league into their game then why can't NCAA put in FCS. Just imagine the custom conferences and the coaching changes would be an amazing feature. I think the next generation games especially for sports need this feature.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

They should at least add the top 10 FCS teams from the previous year each game or something...or give us the option to add a purple and grey striped field in teambuilder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »