Home

Will NCAA 14 have real positions?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 14 have real positions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will NCAA 14 have real positions?

I'd love to see it, but it wouldn't really serve too much purpose right now given how weight and most stats don't seem to be taken into consideration.

Why care about finding the perfect pass rushing weakside OLB for your 3-4 defense when the DT is the only player that can generate a pass rush?

Once - and if - they ever get the physics right, it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to integrate true positions. At the least, just put it in a "pro mode" depth chart - anybody that uses "Ask Coach" is never going to bother with it anyway.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree with this. Having Strong Side and Weak Side LB's and other (granular level items) might be better left off the default screens as to not overwhelm the novice players. But there should be an option to enter a more advanced screen where these details can be worked.

With that being said, there are some fundamental issues I would like to see them work before some of the finer details.....like having the CPU able to run the option.
I haven't played the game in a while but can the package substitution be a viable workaround for Linebackers? I feel like I remember there being a "Swap Linebackers" package.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd be happy with depth chart positions for slot WR and nickel CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

one of my peeves is with the safeties. we have free and strong but they play like left and right. it doesn't make sense to essentially use the same position but have position change penalties.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
one of my peeves is with the safeties. we have free and strong but they play like left and right. it doesn't make sense to essentially use the same position but have position change penalties.
I know how you feel. The last couple of dynasties I had use formation package subs like crazy. Sometimes I couldn't get the first defense play-call of every game. Using custom PB that uses Hybrid Front.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Give me a wr position and a slot position on the depth chart, all I really want.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

One thing that would be beneficial is to have a "Flip Formation" button similar to the "Flip play" button. This would allow you to just flip the players to either side if you are on the opposite hash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
I haven't played the game in a while but can the package substitution be a viable workaround for Linebackers? I feel like I remember there being a "Swap Linebackers" package.
I know I definitely use the packages when I call plays from the formations page. but the thing is I most often go from the "Ask Coach" screen, and there isnt a way to swap packages there.

I do wish that there were different depth charts for 4-3 and 3-4 defenses, just because those are the two most commonly known and used defenses.

as far as Rover, safety/LB hybrid, I occasionally just edit a 4-4 to make an outside LB an extra safety to help cover TEs and slots and move him to wherever the extra receiver is lined up. it is also interesting that they even included the "Suicide" 3-3-5/1-5-5 pass rush package in the game, with 1 down DL. 2 stand up DE/LBs, and 3 LBs, with 5 Dbs

Last edited by drift7one; 04-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »