Home

NCAA Football 14 Hands-On Preview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Hands-On Preview (ESPN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #25
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I would love to fear going to College Station, facing a Manziel that has me stressing on 3rd and 4 wondering what CPU Sumlin is dialing up (give, read and keep, bubble, fake bubble, quick slant, etc).

I'll just stop now.
Don't you mean Texas A&M QB #2?

sent from the point of no return
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ncaa Football 14 First Look by ESPN

hmm we'll have to see. As others have alluded to, I hope there isn't the overuse of only a few new animations.

Still Im pleased that this may be them finally taking a crack at getting rid of all the zig-zagging.

But questions remain.....How is the AI on the defensive side of the ball going to pursue....do they still have the same brain dead logic in their pursuit angles???...do they have just as effective stamina bars???...will there be functioning sliders to tweak the Post-Snap Stamina drain????

And hopefully they're waiting until a little later to reveal that they've overhauled the pocket/pass rush.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #27
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Non-mobile link
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #28
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, they listened. Time to see how well they executed, but as of right now, I am ecstatic.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
hmm we'll have to see. As others have alluded to, I hope there isn't the overuse of only a few new animations.

Still Im pleased that this may be them finally taking a crack at getting rid of all the zig-zagging.

But questions remain.....How is the AI on the defensive side of the ball going to pursue....do they still have the same brain dead logic in their pursuit angles???...do they have just as effective stamina bars???...will there be functioning sliders to tweak the Post-Snap Stamina drain????

And hopefully they're waiting until a little later to reveal that they've overhauled the pocket/pass rush.
Exactly. It's nice they 'fixed' the option. Did they leave the same issues on defense that existed last year? Frozen DBs? Defenders with their back to the QB jumping routes that they shouldn't be able to see? Before I get jumped on for this being the initial preview- EA knows better. They could say hey- don't worry about defense we addressed known issues there too- stay tuned...
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
So many great additions, I just don't know where to rank them! Haha.

I want this game now.

How about the CPU running "smarter"? That is huge if true. If the CPU version of Oregon, Texas A&M, Miss State, Auburn, etc can run the option game effectively, I will be in virtual football heaven with all these other improvements. I would love to fear going to College Station, facing a Manziel that has me stressing on 3rd and 4 wondering what CPU Sumlin is dialing up (give, read and keep, bubble, fake bubble, quick slant, etc).

I'll just stop now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Sounds good, but my question is will the CPU be able to effectively run the option?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, that could be a game-changer if EA can get the CPU to be a legit threat running the option, or any offense outside of single-back or pro-style.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2

With all these new option plays, is the inverted veer play in? Basically a play side read option? Been wanting this play for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Hands-On Preview (ESPN)

Why did I read this? Why?

I will have a big wait and see this year as I am (one of the few apparently) still really enjoying 13.

But for me the real key is IE 2.0 it has to be tight and feel and play great or forget it. M13 was a beta with the launch of the engine. I hope it has been superbly tuned for NCAA which has been my go to football game for several years now.

The improved AI for the CPU in regards to the option is huge if it really is better and of course the blocking and line interaction.

Very promising.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »