Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #57
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As another poster noted earlier, the realism of collision is not playing out correctly.

1) Currently all collisions seem to end with animations playing out a forward of backwards result/conclusion.

2) I really hate seeing ball carriers carry the ball like a loaf of bread during contact animations.
- this takes away from all they are trying to accomplish because it stands out like a sore thumb, as being unrealistic.
-our ball carriers are constantly yelled at about covering the ball.
-this reveals that "Ball Physics" are still the same, which indicates that "Punt" physics is still the same.

3) Not enough folks falling to the ground through out the entire play sequence.
-players still run into the "Standing Dance" animation no matter size, momentum or angle of contact.
-WR running into a Standing Block animation with a LB that is supposed to be running at full speed.
-code a crack back or something, but please limit the "Standing Dance" blocking animation.

4) It still seems as though running still falls into (2) outcomes (Open Space or Tackle Animation)
- If space is there, you can run.
- If no space is there, the only other alternative is breaking out of a "Tackle Animation" either L, R or backwards.
- "NO" running/driving through the LOS (OL/DL) and "Pushing the Pile..."

I believe is they make the "Football" the focal point of ALL tackle animations intead of the "Player", it will/would help bring all the Contact Animations together in a more fluid and realistic manner.

Hope some of these notations through out the process isn't just noted, but also somehow implemented or used to adjust game.
its not a gameplay vid. its to show you exactly what we saw. guys getting plowed over. we have been asking for it. they give it to us and we complain already because it look overpowered. its all they showed, of course it looks overpowered. they were showcasing the feature. just wait for game play vids.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #58
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
step in the right direction...they still need to fix:

-running animations (DESPERATELY)
-the cpu from turning exactly the same time as when you go to cut
-running animations again
-trucking shouldn't result in defenders getting lifted off the ground
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As another poster noted earlier, the realism of collision is not playing out correctly.

1) Currently all collisions seem to end with animations playing out a forward of backwards result/conclusion.

2) I really hate seeing ball carriers carry the ball like a loaf of bread during contact animations.
- this takes away from all they are trying to accomplish because it stands out like a sore thumb, as being unrealistic.
-our ball carriers are constantly yelled at about covering the ball.
-this reveals that "Ball Physics" are still the same, which indicates that "Punt" physics is still the same.

3) Not enough folks falling to the ground through out the entire play sequence.
-players still run into the "Standing Dance" animation no matter size, momentum or angle of contact.
-WR running into a Standing Block animation with a LB that is supposed to be running at full speed.
-code a crack back or something, but please limit the "Standing Dance" blocking animation.

4) It still seems as though running still falls into (2) outcomes (Open Space or Tackle Animation)
- If space is there, you can run.
- If no space is there, the only other alternative is breaking out of a "Tackle Animation" either L, R or backwards.
- "NO" running/driving through the LOS (OL/DL) and "Pushing the Pile..."

I believe is they make the "Football" the focal point of ALL tackle animations intead of the "Player", it will/would help bring all the Contact Animations together in a more fluid and realistic manner.

Hope some of these notations through out the process isn't just noted, but also somehow implemented or used to adjust game.

that was my next point. the ball is not high and tight as it should be. and if you're going to have the ball carriers run with that ball like that then hey about more fumbles.

Im an offensive guy. But they HAVE to focus on defense more. I know its a marketing thing but still
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #60
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

The only really bad animation I saw was the playing being knocked flat on his back. Everything else looks fine, as long as the animation isn't used too much.

The 1:37 play was a thing of beauty. I'd love to see the defensive end of these plays, where the defensive player has the size/momentum advantage.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7
Why do I still only see only one defender at a time making momentum changing contact/tackle/wrapping up with the others just whiffing or just falling to the ground. I do like how the stiff arm looks though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

same cleats and equipment for going on 5 years now?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2
You guys are delusional.

Foot planting...great..except for the fact that i saw multiple times throughout the video where I saw a player "slide"
All the animations are so terrible!!!! Everyone is so stiff. Real physics my ***. You cant have "real" physics with robots running around.
What the hell is with the RB trucking a guy and the defender leaping off the ground..thats just stupid.

I want to be excited..i really do but, im going to pass until next gen comes out and hopefully they have a real updated engine. The engine they use now is so dated its embarrassing for a video game in 2013. Jesus..to see the animations in the video its just embarrassing. Nobody is running fluid and "foot planting" isnt even close to where it should be. Backbreaker wasnt a great game we all know that but atleast they had the engine in the right direction
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #64
Rookie

StoneTomcat's Arena

OVR: 1

Are they forgetting that we had the jukes while running and the step back juke years ago and then they take them out and put them back in years later and act like its totally new to the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »