Home

NCAA Football 14 Preview and Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Preview and Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 14 Preview and Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (IGN)

I think the casual crowd will buy it regardless of it becoming more "sim". I think it's a copout to keep saying they have to appeal to the casual crowd because for the most part, those people go with the flow anyway. It's one of two football games on the market, both made by EA. It's not like they have a choice if they just wanna sling it around with some friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Also, there are ways to remedy the problem he cited in the botched snap argument. It would just be something never done before in football games, which seems to be something they are afraid to try. Innovation.

Instead of pressing x to snap the ball. How about you have to use the analog stick, sort of like how you use the stick to shoot free throws in NBA 2k? If you aren't smooth with using the stick, then there is a greater chance that you will botch the snap. QB awareness and C attributes would tie into how precise you have to be when bringing the stick back to snap the ball.

A system like that could also factor into OL penalties like false starts, so it's not random. It's based on you being patient and precise with your stick skills every snap.

Now some will argue that pressing x is just easier and better, but I think if it got implemented, people would roll with it just like they roll with everything else.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-03-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I think the casual crowd will buy it regardless of it becoming more "sim". I think it's a copout to keep saying they have to appeal to the casual crowd because for the most part, those people go with the flow anyway. It's one of two football games on the market, both made by EA. It's not like they have a choice if they just wanna sling it around with some friends.
TBH though nowadays it's almost hard to decipher what's "sim" and what's not because real college football is almost like an arcade game now lol....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #28
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Instead of pressing x to snap the ball. How about you have to use the analog stick, sort of like how you use the stick to shoot free throws in NBA 2k? If you aren't smooth with using the stick, then there is a greater chance that you will botch the snap. QB awareness and C attributes would tie into how precise you have to be when bringing the stick back to snap the ball.
This is exactly the sort of thing that we sim gamers would love, but would absolutely piss off the casual gamers which is easily EA's largest demographic. Using the example from the video, while I would love for a bad snap to decide a football game, but if this happened to a casual gamer he'd be up in arms and would bash the hell out of EA for it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

A system like that could also factor into OL penalties like false starts, so it's not random. It's based on you being patient and precise with your stick skills every snap.

Now some will argue that pressing x is just easier and better, but I think if it got implemented, people would roll with it just like they roll with everything else.
Even better, just give people the option of using either or.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

^Yes I agree cparrish I like the overall concept, but please give the option at least because I cant hit a free throw to save my life on 2K.

Also, I think both players involved should have a separate like snap or exchange rating because I can tell you as a former center bad snaps are just as often the qbs fault
Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #31
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
TBH though nowadays it's almost hard to decipher what's "sim" and what's not because real college football is almost like an arcade game now lol....

I hear what you're sayin but there's plenty of things that need to go in that are sim and not in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Still no chain-gang in the game... not huge deal, but not helping the presentation or authenticity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »