Home

NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #17
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is NCAA 14 bringing back the ability to import players into Madden?

I'm wondering if there will be any mention on May 6th...that's when the Madden guys reveal part 1 of 2 of "Connected Franchise"
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
re: NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
Its really simple why export draft classes was removed. They couldn't figure out how to make it work in the new Madden. All those draft classes are fixed in Madden. There are like 3 dozen of them. When you start a dynasty, your first draft will be one of those classes and from then on each year will go in the fixed order. Like if your dynasty's first draft class was class number 14, then for year 2 you would have the list from draft class number 15. Now all those players have photos, bios, characteristics. And for like 10 players in each draft, they have a story that can changed during the season (have a good or bad game or good or bad combine) which effects their projection and lets you know if they are going the best or worse route story line for your draft. These 10 are also talked about in the draft by Trey Wingo, he will tell their story including their ups and downs over the season. So to get custom players from custom rosters to work in Madden would be a massive headache. They said they would put it back in IF they could figure out how to make it work.
They may have already went the wrong route with the story lines being locked to specific players. Let me preface what I'm about to type with this, ['I'm not a developer so I dont know how it works',] now that we're all good with that here goes.

I dont think there was a need to remove the draft classes. The way this could have easily been resolved would have been for the devs to record generic lines from Trey Wingo that focused on player ratings. So there would be generic lines recorded that referenced players with high speed ratings, high agility, high strength, etc, etc.

Once you import your NCAA draft class, the A.I./CPU scans the draft class and locks on a few random players with high ratings in whatever category. Trey Wingo would then spit out the lines he recorded for that type of player. Yes, after a few draft classes, the lines would repeat depending on how much he recorded in the studio but there ya go.

You stated that there are maybe 3 dozen premade classes (36) with 10 out of each class (160 players) focused on for stories. Thats a ton of recorded dialogue that could have easily been recorded to focus on numbers/ratings and coded to latch onto ratings which would result in totally random players from from all draft classes (pre made and NCAA imports) being talked about.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Honestly the only way I'm buying Madden 14 is if I have the option to export draft classes from ncaa 14.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I've merged the two threads about the export draft class functionality. Please use this thread to discuss the potential return of this feature to the NCAA Football games.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #21
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Honestly the only way I'm buying Madden 14 is if I have the option to export draft classes from ncaa 14.
I'm with you. The draft class feature is the only reason I play a particular version of NCAA/Madden for more than one year. I literally spend the entire offseason editing my rosters in Madden to get them to reflect the real life rosters.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm fine with playing NCAA with fictional players with but I cannot do the same with Madden.....starting Madden with the unfamiliarity of computer generated rookies is totally different than drafting one of my former recruits from NCAA (or someone I played against). There's just something about recruiting a four-star QB, watching him win bowl games and then drafting him into my franchise. This is why I will probably stick with NCAA/Madden '12 if the draft class feature is not brought back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I'm with you. The draft class feature is the only reason I play a particular version of NCAA/Madden for more than one year. I literally spend the entire offseason editing my rosters in Madden to get them to reflect the real life rosters.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm fine with playing NCAA with fictional players with but I cannot do the same with Madden.....starting Madden with the unfamiliarity of computer generated rookies is totally different than drafting one of my former recruits from NCAA (or someone I played against). There's just something about recruiting a four-star QB, watching him win bowl games and then drafting him into my franchise. This is why I will probably stick with NCAA/Madden '12 if the draft class feature is not brought back.
Agreed. I called myself trying to be reasonable and giving Madden 13 a try knowing it would not have the ability import rookies.

I tried it and it was terrible. So now that I know I won't enjoy the game with fake rookies, the choice to buy is an easy one. If they have the feature i'll buy both games. If they don't I won't buy either one.

For as long as the import feature has been around the ONLY reason I've bought both games for was the franchise. I have to be able to recruit guys to FIU and FSU (presuming you can control multiple teams) and drafting them to the 49ers. I won't buy either game until that feature is back.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

yup im heading to gamestop now to get both 12's.

trading in madden 13 . I will say I did like the infinity engine but CCM mode is kinda stupid. And I miss importing guys. and playing both games really.

unless we can import I wont be buying the final installments of football on this gen system.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll definitely be getting NCAA 14 either way, but I will NOT be getting Madden 25 if we cant put the draft classes into Madden. This was my favorite feature of the game, being able to follow your recruits all the way into the NFL. Really hoping NCAA and Madden get this problem resolved and add it back into the game, even if there still are some bugs in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »