Home

NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
They may have already went the wrong route with the story lines being locked to specific players. Let me preface what I'm about to type with this, ['I'm not a developer so I dont know how it works',] now that we're all good with that here goes.

I dont think there was a need to remove the draft classes. The way this could have easily been resolved would have been for the devs to record generic lines from Trey Wingo that focused on player ratings. So there would be generic lines recorded that referenced players with high speed ratings, high agility, high strength, etc, etc.

Once you import your NCAA draft class, the A.I./CPU scans the draft class and locks on a few random players with high ratings in whatever category. Trey Wingo would then spit out the lines he recorded for that type of player. Yes, after a few draft classes, the lines would repeat depending on how much he recorded in the studio but there ya go.

You stated that there are maybe 3 dozen premade classes (36) with 10 out of each class (160 players) focused on for stories. Thats a ton of recorded dialogue that could have easily been recorded to focus on numbers/ratings and coded to latch onto ratings which would result in totally random players from from all draft classes (pre made and NCAA imports) being talked about.
I write code every day and yes this could have easily been done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying in this thread. I probably won't be purchasing either NCAA or Madden this year with out the export/import feature. I know it's silly to say that when we haven't really gotten a lot of details about Madden or anything, but it's a no-brainer for me. There's really nothing Madden will be able to do that will "wow" me to the point where I'll want to buy either game, let alone both.

Unless Madden Share ends up being the ability to create and share your own draft classes. If NCAA 14 follows 13 and gives you "draft projections", then I could justify buying it and creating my own draft classes. That would be okay.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Sharing Draft Classes would be a good consolation prize, but it's just not the same. I gave Madden a pass last year since they looked like they were moving in the right direction with CCM. Since they did put in enthralled work the exclusion of draft classes seemed logical to me.

I don't think that I can give them that again this year. Their premade draft classes with storylines seemed alright in theory, but they just couldn't keep me immersed like draft classes did.

Honestly, EA is in a unique situation with NCAA and Madden. Especially since there isn't a college basketball, baseball, etc game. They have the ability to intertwine two games and really make both games work well off one another (not to mention sell well). For them to not take advantage of that is mind boggling to me.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I write code every day and yes this could have easily been done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
I write code every day. Cross-compatibility of file data between two independent projects is not something that is "easily done", particularly in the context of a AAA video game. Interpreting and manipulating that file data in a manner to produce acceptable results, in this case a realistic representation of an incoming NFL rookie pool, further complicates the matter.

If the feature returns, I just hope it works, and by "works" I mean produces logical results with no glitches or abnormalities. The draft class import in Madden NFL 12 produced some very weird results with regard to player appearance and also generally produced far more talented rookie classes than any in-game draft class. These two things in combination defeated the feature for me, and I have generally always used Madden's draft classes, whether they be generated or hand made.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-05-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Draft Class Export > generic draft with story lines

I'm so serious about not buying both games... and I love football but I have to stand up for my preference when it comes to Madden... they are doing too many things to ruin the game that they helped me fall in love with... it's disrespectful... Who's idea was it to pick dumb story lines that I will never care about over draft classes that I study, edit, and damn near obsess over??? they clearly don't love Madden like I did... now I'm standing in protest... no pre-ordering... no purchase of any EA sports game... not untill they put that back... my money to them was automatic but now it's under condition... BRING DRAFT CLASS BACK!!!

NBA2K is a better overall sports game than Madden right now... How does this happen????
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I don't think there will be an export feature in NCAA 14, but I do believe there will be a draft class editor and share feature in Madden 14 aka "Madden Share."
I might be able to work with that... Customization is important and that was another thing Madden lacked last year... If they did the Draft class like 2k then that might be ok because I do use the draft classes in 2k and it seems real enough to me... but then I'm not buying NCAA because all I'd do is get hooked on guys for no reason... It's also hard to imagine editing 7 rounds worth of players as opossed to 2 rounds in 2k... tough sell but better than NOTHING!! in this case they would only get me to buy one game...
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I don't think there will be an export feature in NCAA 14, but I do believe there will be a draft class editor and share feature in Madden 14 aka "Madden Share."
That would be nice. If they don't have that in the game I might not buy Madden. Might seem silly to not buy it for that reason but I feel its a major part of the game. I mainly do a 3-4 franchise and I don't like having fake players. I'll buy NCAA regardless.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be awesome if Madden brought back the export draft class option. I mean, come on EA, you control rights to the NFL and the NCAA, you're telling me it doesn't make sense to do exactly what you did in madden12/ncaa 12. I mean...they co exist. College football/NFL. You go from one, to the other. I loved the option, because in NCAA you had the ability to convince guys to either stay at school or let them go, the CPU also would have guys either go to the draft, or graduate. It was REAL, I don't know what all this madden share and stuff is...frankly, not everybody plays offline...so for the people that don't? Make it accessible for us as well. I know it sounds silly...but I didn't buy NCAA 13 or MADDEN 13 last year for that reason, I know I'm just one customer, and frankly, me not buying it wont cause EA to not be in business...but I'm with some of the people on this forum, I won't buy madden 25 or ncaa 14 for a second straight year if there is no import draft class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »