Home

When will running animations be fixed?

This is a discussion on When will running animations be fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: When will running animations be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Look how good the cuts look now compared to the running animations...

Real Life De'Antony cutting (GIF)
Spoiler

Real life De'Anthony running (GIF)
Spoiler
the cuts STILL look like crap. Look at the 2 things you provided. In real life Thomas takes 3 steps to make that hard cut but in the video game version its basically 1 cut and that 1 cut doesn't even look good. They claim that weight matters but if you look at the NCAA 14 Thomas cutback there is no evidence of weight/momentum or anything, he simply plants and cuts. Look how his body never really moves either. There no turn at all. It's almost as if the camera is just rotating around him. Look at how in real life when Thomas wants to turn from running towards the sideline to up the field, his upper body turns. His legs and upper body don't all rotate together, they turn, his feet chop they don't just slide into position. Look at how his arm pumps. Because anyone who's played football knows you gain momentum and speed from pumping your arms. Hell anyone who's ever run in their life should know that.

The running animations are something i've been complaining about for years now. It completely ruins the look of the game. And it's not something that should be hard to do. Look at all the other sports games out there that can at least make the players look like real players running.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 04-05-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Look how good the cuts look now compared to the running animations...

Real Life De'Antony cutting (GIF)
Spoiler

Real life De'Anthony running (GIF)
Spoiler

Yeah that was the worst cut animation in the entire NCAA 14 trailer, I don't get why he posted that one.
The horrendous/stiff running animations make just messes up everything, even the foot-planting don't look right, no kind of upper body movement and it seems the foot-planting is only triggered on hard cuts and not in the open field they still turn at 90 degrees, still no kind of momentum, smh.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 04-05-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the cuts STILL look like crap. Look at the 2 things you provided. In real life Thomas takes 3 steps to make that hard cut but in the video game version its basically 1 cut and that 1 cut doesn't even look good. They claim that weight matters but if you look at the NCAA 14 Thomas cutback there is no evidence of weight/momentum or anything, he simply plants and cuts. Look how his body never really moves either. There no turn at all. It's almost as if the camera is just rotating around him. Look at how in real life when Thomas wants to turn from running towards the sideline to up the field, his upper body turns. His legs and upper body don't all rotate together, they turn, his feet chop they don't just slide into position.

The running animations are something i've been complaining about for years now. It completely ruins the look of the game. And it's not something that should be hard to do. Look at all the other sports games out there that can at least make the players look like real players running.
Yeah the more I watch it the worse it looks, especially if you focus on his feet/legs. It seems like the feet don't contact the ground long enough to generate the force of the cut he makes.

And I just don't understand where they came up with these running animations, they were 100x better back on Xbox/PS2. His feet are hardly reaching knee level when he runs, let alone up to his butt like they do in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess we are in the minority about the bad running animations by the lack to reply's in this thread. I was hoping this would become one of those threads that lingers around for months. Maybe we are the crazy ones and are just seeing things.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I guess we are in the minority about the bad running animations by the lack to reply's in this thread. I was hoping this would become one of those threads that lingers around for months. Maybe we are the crazy ones and are just seeing things.
What more needs to be said? Just gotta accept it for this years game
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This was only posted today, though.

I think we will see improved running animation on NG systems, which is just around the corner.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Running animations are probably worst then any sports game since PS1. As most have said, this is an engine problem and will not change until next-gen. Hopefully.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Couldn't they just make the legs and arms churn a little faster? It seems like the players are running in slow motion but cover too much ground than they should without taking as many steps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »