Home

Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important

This is a discussion on Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The addition of realistic fatigue in NCAA Football 14 makes 85 man rosters...
More important 80 82.47%
No change in importance 16 16.49%
Less important 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
As much as I'd love to have 85 players, I think there's more pressing issues. Recruiting still does and progression has long needed tweaks. For me changing up progression to be more realistic rather than automatic pixie dust would be more important.

However, I do think getting to 85 players would be great. Building depth is key and it'd allow for more transferring to happen. If/when we get 85 man rosters they'd need to have it so you cannot cut any player that you offered a scholarship to. Only walk-ons and transfers should be able to be cut.
That's not really realistic. Scholarships, most of them at least, are one year renewable contracts. Coaches "cut" players forcing them to transfer all the time.

Only allowing the cpu to pick transferring limits the ability to micromanage your team. If anything, cutting/forcing a transfer should impact your coach integrity rating or something to give it strategy and so it isn't overused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Something else to think about would be special teams. A lot of teams don't use many starters, if at all, on their kickoff and punt teams. With 85 man rosters you could put some younger guys in and get them some game time experience. Also, when you're up big and want to do mass subs, you can your third stringers on special teams instead of having your starters in like it is now.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's not really realistic. Scholarships, most of them at least, are one year renewable contracts. Coaches "cut" players forcing them to transfer all the time.

Only allowing the cpu to pick transferring limits the ability to micromanage your team. If anything, cutting/forcing a transfer should impact your coach integrity rating or something to give it strategy and so it isn't overused.
Maybe not, but it'd be the right way to do things. EA will most assuredly allow for cutting players since it caters to the desires of the casual gaming style. Your Coach Prestige (or if there's a new recruiting pitch topic) hit for cutting players would probably work well. That way prospective recruits could be leery of committing to a coach of a history of cutting whoever they want.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Isn't fatigue already in the game in the form of stamina? My guys get tired all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Can someone please answer my question? The game already has fatigue. Players get tired all the time. How is the new fatigue different than the fatigue currently in the game or am I missing something?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
Maybe not, but it'd be the right way to do things. EA will most assuredly allow for cutting players since it caters to the desires of the casual gaming style. Your Coach Prestige (or if there's a new recruiting pitch topic) hit for cutting players would probably work well. That way prospective recruits could be leery of committing to a coach of a history of cutting whoever they want.
I like the idea of coach prestige being affected if it takes into account why the recruit is being cut. If it is just, you cut six guys deduct ten prestige points, then no. If it could be set up to take into account whether a cut was made before the season due to over recruiting, after the season because of poor development or whatever then I think it could be a good thing.

As for the bolded part, I don't think (based on the casual buyers of the series I know) many casuals play dynasty or play it extensively enough where they get that into recruiting or multiple seasons.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

the fatigue in prior years had certain positions get tired while others had gatorade in their veins. last year was a little better, but still flawed. this is supposed to be dynamic and something you can see with a meter during a play and for the whole game rather than a traffic light. 2 or 3 years ago fatigue was flat out broken.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
The subbing of offensive lineman goes largely unnoticed because their names aren't being called unless they commit a penalty or a monster block. As you have pointed out, offensive lineman are subbed in and out of the game (even for a play or two) regularly throughout the game.
That is just flat-out untrue. Offensive linemen are rarely subbed out for "fatigue" reasons. Injury? Absolutely! Sucking it up? Sure. But because they are "tired"? Never seen it.

Let's use my team (Utah) for an example, because I have the stats.

Utah's two starting linemen who started every game last year played more snaps than the offense ran total plays. The starting C played 746 of 736 offense snaps heading into the Colorado game (last time snaps counts were available for the offensive line) while the starting LT played 743 of 736 snaps. How is this possible? There were situations where they played on some special teams plays (long field goal attempts or punts deep in their own territory, mainly, to give the kicker a little extra time and space). For the Utah linemen that started every game they played, (3 more outside the 2 mentioned before), each one averaged over 62 plays per game. Utah averaged 66 plays per game over the course of the season.

Go look at snap numbers and total plays ran for the starting linemen on your favorite teams. I would bet the average snap/total plays % for starting linemen is 93% or better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
Rookie

trashman's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
This is false (well partially). OL usually plays every snap unless its a blowout.
Incorrect. You won't see them subbing out nearly as much, but the Offensive linemen come out individually when its necessary, which is usually at least once or twice a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »