Home

Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

This is a discussion on Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which feature in NCAA Football 14 are you interested in learning more about?
Infinity Engine 2.0 31 49.21%
Running Game Improvements 14 22.22%
Option Offense 11 17.46%
Stumble Recovery 0 0%
Force Impact System 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1
Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

We've seen some glimpses and read about the new Game Play additions to NCAA Football 14 but my question to you is which feature are you most excited about, or which one are you eager to learn more about?

1. Infinity Engine 2.0

2. Force Impact System

3. Over 20 Option Types

4. Stumble Recovery

5. Running Game Improvements

On top of that, are there any parts of the Game Play you would like to see talked about aside from what is new to this years game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

I guess I am the most intrigued by the the "real AI" system and how that will effect the play of CPU controlled teammates. However, out of the choices in the poll I chose Force Impact System, mainly because I want to see how that translates into injuries. Real time injuries is an aspect of game play I would like to see addressed as well as excessive INTs in the passing game. I think you stated you are a CE attendee, so if you are going back, maybe you could inquire about these things.

I liked how last year with the added catch animations, defenders were able to access them as well. So now if they could somehow allow the intended receivers to access pass defensive animations that might be a good organic way to reduce INTs. I see the challenge in this as being how do decide when they trigger but I would think it could work on a similar principle as the catch animations triggering for the defense, however that works. All offensive players have defensive ratings for MCV/ZCV anyway so maybe that can somehow tie in. Would be cool to see a receiver do strip animation on an under thrown ball or a swat attempt on an ill advised pass into double coverage.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree with the man above me. The "Real AI" touted by EA is all I'm really focused on. I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. All of that other stuff is just fluff and feathers to me. No real substance IMO.

Nice poll though.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I guess I am the most intrigued by the the "real AI" system and how that will effect the play of CPU controlled teammates. However, out of the choices in the poll I chose Force Impact System, mainly because I want to see how that translates into injuries. Real time injuries is an aspect of game play I would like to see addressed as well as excessive INTs in the passing game. I think you stated you are a CE attendee, so if you are going back, maybe you could inquire about these things.

I liked how last year with the added catch animations, defenders were able to access them as well. So now if they could somehow allow the intended receivers to access pass defensive animations that might be a good organic way to reduce INTs. I see the challenge in this as being how do decide when they trigger but I would think it could work on a similar principle as the catch animations triggering for the defense, however that works. All offensive players have defensive ratings for MCV/ZCV anyway so maybe that can somehow tie in. Would be cool to see a receiver do strip animation on an under thrown ball or a swat attempt on an ill advised pass into double coverage.
First, I did the poll based on the "Game Info" section on the EA SPORTS Website but I like that you brought up "real AI."

If I do get a chance at going back I will look over Defensive/Offensive call logic along with personnel packages. I also have discussed the abilities for WRs to act as DBs when need to reduce INTs and I can't remember off hand what exactly the issues were but I do know it wasn't easy to implement, but that doesn't mean it can never be done.

As for your poll suggestion, Im really excited for the Force Impact System. I know a lot of people thought that in the initial gameplay video it looked overdone but there is plenty of time to tune that and im sure they wanted to used examples that showed the feature at its best.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #5
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I agree with the man above me. The "Real AI" touted by EA is all I'm really focused on. I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. All of that other stuff is just fluff and feathers to me. No real substance IMO.

Nice poll though.
Thanks man.

I think when you hear and read about it most of that can sound like fluff but when you get your hands on it you'll definitely notice a difference in the fluidity of the game and how nice the cuts and movement of the players feel.

I too want to see EA talk more about AI intelligence and what upgrades have been made. Since I haven't been to a Community Event since January I do need a re-fresher on some parts of the game lol

Last edited by Official_Mole; 04-09-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ahem....if you don't mind.

1. Special teams improvements.

A) Did they address the gunners not getting blocked and running down the field way faster then what their speed and acceleration rating. Honestly it didn't seem to matter what the gunners speed and acceleration ratings were, I put them both at ZERO and they still got down the field very fast unblocked.

B) Any punt blocks or FG blocks by the CPU AI.

C) Will the CPU AI actually return a kick off or punt beyond 5 yards ? It would be nice if the CPU AI was an actual threat to return one for a TD.

2. Is the safety glitch fixed ?

3. Is there any jostling between the WR/DB ? Or is it another year of a foot race from Point A to Point B between the WR/DB ?

4. Any offensive line & defensive line improvements ? Will defensive ends actually generate a pass rush this year ?

5. Has the CPU always on aggressive defensive pass defense coach strategy bug been fixed ?

6. Has sacks on screens been eliminated ? Last year every time the CPU attempted it, it was an automatic sack. Which bring to did EA finally fix the bug where scrambling QBs would take off running up the middle on screen plays ? That was very annoying.

7. Interceptions on option plays. Has this been eliminated or severely toned down ? Seen way too many interceptions on option plays last year.

8. Will the CPU ball carrier cut back across the grain to wide open space or do they still suffer from tunnel vision and simply stay in the running lane that they received the ball in ?

9. Did they add a new elusive move animation ? I would hate to see the truck animation play out again and see a scat back blasting a defender backwards off his feet.

10. Will defensive lineman be able to push blockers back into the backfield on running plays AND passing plays ? Vice versa for offensive lineman pushing defenders backwards on running plays. Last year this did not happen, instead the defender simply got pancaked.

11. Has player mirroring been eliminated ? Don't want to see 5 defenders juked out at the same time because they were all mirroring each other. Nor do I want to see 2 offensive lineman pancake 2 defensive lineman at the same time.

12. Did they fix the 63 yard FG attempts on Heisman ?

13. Will the CPU do a better job of clock management and situation management of the score, down and distance ? Especially when it comes to punting at the 50 yard line. They always kick it out the back of the end zone.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDaMole00xX
First, I did the poll based on the "Game Info" section on the EA SPORTS Website but I like that you brought up "real AI."

If I do get a chance at going back I will look over Defensive/Offensive call logic along with personnel packages. I also have discussed the abilities for WRs to act as DBs when need to reduce INTs and I can't remember off hand what exactly the issues were but I do know it wasn't easy to implement, but that doesn't mean it can never be done.

As for your poll suggestion, Im really excited for the Force Impact System. I know a lot of people thought that in the initial gameplay video it looked overdone but there is plenty of time to tune that and im sure they wanted to used examples that showed the feature at its best.
Did you see any injures happen in the build you played and if so, how did they play out? Also, did you notice anything different about the passing game, including did contextual awareness seem to have any effect on the pass rush, causing DEs to actually attempt to get by Tackles, instead of "patty caking" with them? Also, were there any penalties?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #8
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ahem....if you don't mind.

1. Special teams improvements.

A) Did they address the gunners not getting blocked and running down the field way faster then what their speed and acceleration rating. Honestly it didn't seem to matter what the gunners speed and acceleration ratings were, I put them both at ZERO and they still got down the field very fast unblocked.

B) Any punt blocks or FG blocks by the CPU AI.

C) Will the CPU AI actually return a kick off or punt beyond 5 yards ? It would be nice if the CPU AI was an actual threat to return one for a TD.

2. Is the safety glitch fixed ?

3. Is there any jostling between the WR/DB ? Or is it another year of a foot race from Point A to Point B between the WR/DB ?

4. Any offensive line & defensive line improvements ? Will defensive ends actually generate a pass rush this year ?

5. Has the CPU always on aggressive defensive pass defense coach strategy bug been fixed ?

6. Has sacks on screens been eliminated ? Last year every time the CPU attempted it, it was an automatic sack. Which bring to did EA finally fix the bug where scrambling QBs would take off running up the middle on screen plays ? That was very annoying.

7. Interceptions on option plays. Has this been eliminated or severely toned down ? Seen way too many interceptions on option plays last year.

8. Will the CPU ball carrier cut back across the grain to wide open space or do they still suffer from tunnel vision and simply stay in the running lane that they received the ball in ?

9. Did they add a new elusive move animation ? I would hate to see the truck animation play out again and see a scat back blasting a defender backwards off his feet.

10. Will defensive lineman be able to push blockers back into the backfield on running plays AND passing plays ? Vice versa for offensive lineman pushing defenders backwards on running plays. Last year this did not happen, instead the defender simply got pancaked.

11. Has player mirroring been eliminated ? Don't want to see 5 defenders juked out at the same time because they were all mirroring each other. Nor do I want to see 2 offensive lineman pancake 2 defensive lineman at the same time.

12. Did they fix the 63 yard FG attempts on Heisman ?

13. Will the CPU do a better job of clock management and situation management of the score, down and distance ? Especially when it comes to punting at the 50 yard line. They always kick it out the back of the end zone.
Lots of great questions and points brought up!

The point of this specific Thread/Poll was to discuss the main features added to NCAA Football 14 for Game Play but I really hope these questions get answered for you in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »