Home

Predict your teams rating

This is a discussion on Predict your teams rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #41
Rookie

rbsold's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Predict your teams rating

Baylor
Offense- A-
Defense-B-
Overall-B+

Offense might be a B+ considering 1st season to start for Petty at QB, but he's been in system for 3 years. I'm expecting a better Defense this year from them in reality, but would not fault the game for putting us at a B-. With our 2 running backs and speedy receivers this will be one of the more fun teams to play in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #42
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
You really don't think Shazier and Roby should be in the low/mid 90's?! After the first few games last year, Shazier was a beast, and Roby was one of the best corners in the league, and by far the best in the Big Ten.

Early 2014 mock drafts have both of them in the top 15, they absolutely deserve to be in the 90's, probably around a 93 or 94 for both of them. Braxton should be in that range as well IMO.

Last year, there was a big debate because I said that Braxton should have been rated around 86-87, and some UF fans said that he should be around an 82. Well, he won B1G player of the year, and looks much better so far this spring. He should be in the 90's. He won't be a 99, but he should be at least a 92, probably somewhere in the 95 range.

With that said, I think they had John Simon as our highest ranked player last year, and they had him at like a 89. He went out and won B1G defensive player of the year.

Anyways, we'll probably be ranked something like this:
Offense: A
Defense: A-
Special Teams: B-
Overall: A
I see your point. I guess my issue is that EA rates too many players as 90+ OVR. If they continue their ratings as they always have...then yes they deserve to be in the 90s.

On a side note, I lowered Miller's THA and upped his running attributes and he played like the RL Miller. Some bad thrown balls but great running. EA will probably give him 85 or more for THA though.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #43
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Arkansas
OFF B-
DEF C
ST B-
Arkansas should win 5 OR 6 Games
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #44
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
You can't serious a 99?

15 TD's- 6 Ints an only 58% completion against I think was 80th ranked strength of schedual or worse in the nation. 86th in passing an even when you look at others with similar attempts it would still be pretty low.

Not even tested once all year. I think a 88-89 would fit that perfect. No high 90 that's for sure, but its your opinion
With the way that the game is now, you should take into account things other than traditional passing numbers. He also ran for 1200 yards and 13 touchdowns. I remember him losing only one fumble last year, so let's just say that his TD/turnover ratio was 28:7. That is VERY good, and he didn't exactly have great receivers, either. Not to mention that we ran the ball >60% of the time last year.

The thing with the NCAA series is that it's unwise to base player rankings solely based on their production the previous year. It's a game that absolutely should be based off of projection. And this year, if Braxton continues improving, he will absolutely play like someone who should be ranked in the mid-90's.

On a side note, I watched every down of football they played last year. Braxton definitely showed flashes of being an elite passer. He is fantastic at throwing the long ball, he just has problems with intermediate routes and reading defenses. The mental part of the game will come around, being that it's his second year in this system, and he's had a full offseason to work on the offense.

As for his passing, at the spring game, he was much improved. His technique looks miles ahead of where it was last year, and he did a great job of reading what the defense was throwing at him -- and they were blitzing a lot and showing multiple looks that would have given him fits last year. So, look for even more improvement this year. He'll have the personel suited for Urban's offense, finally. Besides, we all know that Urban's teams take huge jumps forward his second year.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
I think he has yet even faced a elite defense an would get smothered by one if he did. An just because you think he can doesn't mean he will.

Guess I'm old school though I hate rating things based on what something "might be or do"

JM should be a 95-99 an I don't think Miller is even in the same league as him or even Teddy Bridgewater(94)

Last edited by Swamp Swagger; 04-20-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #46
Just started!

OSAggie's Arena

OVR: 0

Texas A&M

Offense: A+
Defense: B+
Special Teams: A

Thinking our defense will be rated fairly low again with a lot of new faces. Curious to see if they will perform better than expected again
Old 04-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #47
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Auburn

Overall - B+
Offense - A
Defense - B
Special Teams - A-
Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Alabama:

What it will probably be:

Offense: A
Defense: A
Special Teams: B

What is should be based on the two closed scrimmages I got to watch this spring:

Offense: A+ (These guys are really good. A.J. McCarron has looked great this spring, Amari Cooper has somehow improved, DeAndrew White looks great off knee surgery, Kenny Bell is getting there. Yeldon is the real deal we found out last year but Kenyan Drake ran very well both practices.)

Defense: A-/A (Have several starters out for the spring so it's tough to say how they've performed but you know they'll probably find their way to being in the top 10/top 5 D in the country at the end of the year dude to talent/system/coaching.)

Special Teams: B- (Our kickers have struggled quite a bit so far, mostly the freshman who may not get any PT this year, but our punter is big time and our return men are explosive.

Overall- A/A+

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »