Home

Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

This is a discussion on Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #49
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

EA could crap up a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Am certain this has been put together poorly.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I have alluded to this before it's telling about how lacking EA football games have been when basic elements like halftime shows, network broadcast presentation, foot planting, fatigue, run blocking, etc, get us hyped. lol

I am not saying that as a judgement on anyone either because it gets me too but it's unfortunate the way the bar for creating football games has been lowered to the point that many would preorder if they announced something like in-game saves.

For me to get "hype" they are really going to have to show some presentation elements that have the polish of something they worked on for 3-4 years, because this ground work was allegedly laid back with M10. Any of that, "this is just the first year foundation and we will be building on it" stuff, I will be tuning them out because this is the last NCAA Football game with the exclusive license and the last one before it's likely released on new consoles next year. I expect EA Tiburon to ish or get off the pot this year with their football games this console gen, no more "foundation" building considering many gamers may be moving on next year to new consoles.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #51
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Is it sad that I'm more excited about them getting rid of the 3D animations than I am about a halftime show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #52
Rookie

bigdooky15's Arena

OVR: 2

They promised more commentary last year too and it was worst than ever.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #53
Banned

CardsnBuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I hope it is like NBA 2K's. Where they show the highlights of the best performing players for the 1st half highlights and do the same thing for a post game show. It was great but not too long or too short.
This!

NBA 2k is the king of presentation
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Usually I understand why people would be so reserved about this, but isn't David Pollack part of the game this year? Unless it was just some kind of Twitter or social media thing, I kind of assumed there would be some kind of half-time show.

For me, I'd like to see scores from around the league, a quick flash of highlights from my game (maybe even a quick breakdown to go with it), and then a what to expect in the second half kind of deal. No longer than a minute or so. Then, the important part, would be that they replicate this in the post game.

Nothing is worse than having an exciting game end and the volume pretty much cutting out, and then going right to the menu screen.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #55
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

If it involves a wooden, monotone Rece Davis droning about Top 25 schools that have nothing to do with my season, then I'll just skip through them. The studio updates were already too much in '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #56
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

The reason this news excites me is because I hated lengthy menus and BS preventing me from playing the actual game of football...rather than the game they keep trying to make centered around football that eventually lets you also play the game of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »