Home

NCAA Football 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #25
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 14 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Dynamic menus!! -_______-
No college gameday or visual commentators in the booth...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Lastly, when it comes to presentation, why cant EA adapt real time presentation? They want to constantly create these "special clips" and cut-scenes, but all that does is ruin the flow and nothing ever really connects. Plus, it becomes very repetitive to see the same tired scene played over and over again.

To my knowledge, just about every other sports game has gone to real time presentation. Why cant the Madden/NCAA team?
I agree with both of your posts.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Show me a football game that doesn't get dirty!! I'll wait!!!! oh ncaa 11,12,13 and now 14. I haven't seen any signs of a dirty uniform yet. Grass stains please ea. White uniforms are still super clean. Smh. Why do I even keep wasting my breath?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
WOW!!!

So that "quick" blip about Gameplay Playbook was all there was?
Why is there no depth to these Playbooks about all the so-called New Features?
They've stumbled out of the gate since introducing anything about the Option Game and nothing in depth about the changes?

Which leads to this Playbook which has been plagued by horrible Audio/Crowd involvement beyond the white noise affect.
Even in print, give an example of how it is different from previous years.
What did you do that makes is different (ie crowd timing, swells etc...) What?

500+ vignettes...
We were suppose to have over 400+ new "Catch Animations", yet only about 12 seemed to play out during actual gameplay.
Another over-the-top "False" marketing statement... guaranteed!!!

Uhm.... what about the exclusive ESPN TV style presentation (like from your defunct College BBall game) you've held and did nothing with since having?
I remember this Presentation Style was said to be making it's way over to the College football series with supposedly new camera angles/shots etc... to really "Immerse" the gamer.
What happened and 4 yrs later, why the refusal to include?
Let's not even get into a "Playable Broadcast Cam" they REFUSE to give to gamers as an option.
Every sports game gives several camera options to help with presentation except........

What is really different in '14 that shows some type of improvement in any area of the game from previous releases?

Tweaking and tuning "IS NOT" improving!!!

New Pre-Game - blending with cut-n-paste from previous fumbled attempts doesn't make it new!

Neutral Site Games - if it's no different than playing at a Generic FCS site, what's the point?
(same crowd audio, same commentary etc...)

New Music and Chants - what about the other schools that always get left out of the Marketing hype.
You market about building a Power House, yet inject less than 20 "Specific Chants/ crowd sounds"
How can the gamer apply these new music and chants to one of the other 99 schools?
Wouldn't it be better to improve upon the Audio Editor and give gamers more control of bringing in sounds.
(hint---go play around with CH's Chant Editor, it's a great foundation to build upon)

I'm trying to think of any year were they brought the "WOW" factor and proved us nay-sayers wrong.
I can't think of one year.
Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Let me stop before I get an "Insta-Ban".
Frustrating as heck!!!
(not against the Dev's, but the Administrative side that trumps everything)

Chill lol give the game some time, enjoy the info and play the game and if it's not up to your standards then stop playing and move on to something else in life, I feel your pain but I'm being optimistic this year.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
WOW!!!

So that "quick" blip about Gameplay Playbook was all there was?
Why is there no depth to these Playbooks about all the so-called New Features?
They've stumbled out of the gate since introducing anything about the Option Game and nothing in depth about the changes?

Which leads to this Playbook which has been plagued by horrible Audio/Crowd involvement beyond the white noise affect.
Even in print, give an example of how it is different from previous years.
What did you do that makes is different (ie crowd timing, swells etc...) What?

500+ vignettes...
We were suppose to have over 400+ new "Catch Animations", yet only about 12 seemed to play out during actual gameplay.
Another over-the-top "False" marketing statement... guaranteed!!!

Uhm.... what about the exclusive ESPN TV style presentation (like from your defunct College BBall game) you've held and did nothing with since having?
I remember this Presentation Style was said to be making it's way over to the College football series with supposedly new camera angles/shots etc... to really "Immerse" the gamer.
What happened and 4 yrs later, why the refusal to include?
Let's not even get into a "Playable Broadcast Cam" they REFUSE to give to gamers as an option.
Every sports game gives several camera options to help with presentation except........

What is really different in '14 that shows some type of improvement in any area of the game from previous releases?

Tweaking and tuning "IS NOT" improving!!!

New Pre-Game - blending with cut-n-paste from previous fumbled attempts doesn't make it new!

Neutral Site Games - if it's no different than playing at a Generic FCS site, what's the point?
(same crowd audio, same commentary etc...)

New Music and Chants - what about the other schools that always get left out of the Marketing hype.
You market about building a Power House, yet inject less than 20 "Specific Chants/ crowd sounds"
How can the gamer apply these new music and chants to one of the other 99 schools?
Wouldn't it be better to improve upon the Audio Editor and give gamers more control of bringing in sounds.
(hint---go play around with CH's Chant Editor, it's a great foundation to build upon)

I'm trying to think of any year were they brought the "WOW" factor and proved us nay-sayers wrong.
I can't think of one year.
Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Let me stop before I get an "Insta-Ban".
Frustrating as heck!!!
(not against the Dev's, but the Administrative side that trumps everything)
If you have such a problem with EA and what they do. Why continue to buy or even look at their products? Last year they had playbooks. Then had live streams where they showed things. I havent seen if they are doing that this year but that could be a reason for lack of videos. Just stop commenting on things if you are going to be all negative about it. Im sure im not the only one who gets tired of it.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Lastly, when it comes to presentation, why cant EA adapt real time presentation? They want to constantly create these "special clips" and cut-scenes, but all that does is ruin the flow and nothing ever really connects. Plus, it becomes very repetitive to see the same tired scene played over and over again.

To my knowledge, just about every other sports game has gone to real time presentation. Why cant the Madden/NCAA team?
Exactly they'd rather add more cutscenes which are ancient by now. I can see cutscenes for things they can't show in game(sidelines since they haven't added them yet), but everything should be real time by now. Just shows the horrible direction the aspect of presentation this game has been under this generation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Chill lol give the game some time, enjoy the info and play the game and if it's not up to your standards then stop playing and move on to something else in life, I feel your pain but I'm being optimistic this year.
He is one of the few on this board that is rational in his critiques. There are a few like him (Gotmadskillzson comes to mind) that want to give feedback in order for this game to be like NBA2K.

The info sounds good but the screenshots say the same old game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #32
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Everything sounds good but I'm confused as to what the unique handheld cameras are? I hope they mean like a sideline camera like Madden for a TV style presentation, I absolutely hate any camera that wouldn't be in real life, ex: replay from the player's feet to show off the grass. Always reminds me that it's just a video game and I know that's all it is but I like to be lost in a game while I'm playing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »